Florida: places to ride to.

BoneJj

So I was thinking the other night there really isn't any threads many places that give good ideas of places to ride for most states. Might be a good thing to start up...

So I'll start off with this post and add to it as I find places to add and as I ride around and come across nice places to check out.

Southwest Florida:

Arcadia, Morgan park
https://plus.google.com/102568166923167688507/about?gl=us&hl=en

The better area of this park is to go in on the more western entrance along 70, American Legion Dr. The park has a lot of great areas to relax in but the western entrance has a lot of big oak trees that cover the area and you can park up underneath them and get your bbq on. Also a number of good fishing spots as well.

Sarasota, Myakka River State Park
https://plus.google.com/113791521507038830933/about?gl=us&hl=en

Another great park to go to, they offer camping and good tree coverage as well.

Last edited:

latony007

So I was thinking the other night there really isn't any threads many places that give good ideas of places to ride for most states. Might be a good thing to start up...

So I'll start off with this post and add to it as I find places to add and as I ride around and come across nice places to check out.

Southwest Florida:

Arcadia, Morgan park
https://plus.google.com/102568166923167688507/about?gl=us&hl=en

The better area of this park is to go in on the more western entrance along 70, American Legion Dr. The park has a lot of great areas to relax in but the western entrance has a lot of big oak trees that cover the area and you can park up underneath them and get your bbq on. Also a number of good fishing spots as well.

Sarasota, Myakka River State Park
https://plus.google.com/113791521507038830933/about?gl=us&hl=en

Another great park to go to, they offer camping and good tree coverage as well.
Florida has no hill over 5 feet tall, makes for not a good area for the twisties :) however at least you can ride all year round. here is a site that does CA motorcycle roads, im sure you must have something similar. I know there is a map set called butler maps they have for each state and or region. google them.

California Motorcycle Roads & Tours - 400 Best Rides & Maps, 3000+ Pics

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Florida has no hill over 5 feet tall, makes for not a good area for the twisties :) however at least you can ride all year round. here is a site that does CA motorcycle roads, im sure you must have something similar. I know there is a map set called butler maps they have for each state and or region. google them.

California Motorcycle Roads & Tours - 400 Best Rides & Maps, 3000+ Pics
Northern Florida is actually quite contrary to that statement. Once you get above Orlando the nature of the terrain changes drastically and you get twisty roads more and more as you get toward northern Florida. Regardless, this thread will be a good thread for posting places that we like to ride to down here so that others can find them and enjoy them.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

Northern Florida is actually quite contrary to that statement. Once you get above Orlando the nature of the terrain changes drastically and you get twisty roads more and more as you get toward northern Florida. Regardless, this thread will be a good thread for posting places that we like to ride to down here so that others can find them and enjoy them.
That is cool. I have only been to southern FL from Ft. Lauderdale drove down to key largo and key west. great diving. Here is another site I use and it appears they have all states. Here is florida.

Florida Motorcycle Roads & Rides - Best Florida motorcycle routes for planning great Florida motorcycle trips | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Reaver

SR435
Emerald island road

A few others.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member