Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Hellgate

You can't flood an FI bike. Just remove the JB and anything else you've done and fire it up. If you have fuel in the oil, change the oil.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
thats what I'm hoping for, I'm just worried about it sitting in the top end. a friend of mine said it may have damaged the seals :-/ i really dont know.
Petroleum is Petroleum. It wont harm the seals and the motor. If the starter was trying to turn the bike over and it wasnt turning due to hydrolocking from too much fuel, then I would be a tiny bit concerned but not really. I would just take the air box off, remove the spark plugs and drain the oil. Wait a day and reinstall the airbox, new spark plugs and fresh oil and you should be fine. Fuel will not harm anything unless it fell on hoses that were not designed to be in contact with petroleum(which is rarely found on vehicles designed to carry this stuff *wink wink* ). As for the electrical, you will have to investigate that when the time comes to start the bike and see if your relay is shot unless you have a DVOM to test the relay.

Its literally just a small problem that was commonly seen when engines were carburated or people overcranking FI engines when the spark plugs werent firing. Nothing to be scared about. And there is safety pieces in place for the electrical that will prevent major destruction unless you are a serious "Ding Bat" and jump start a vehicle backwards (and yes I have seen it done to a prius before -_- ). As long as you dont do the backwards jump start or battery thing, you are more likely fry the JB than your bike. Fuses are in place along with circuit breakers and fusable links that all automakers use to protect the sensitive electricals on board. So its not worth stressing or you may miss certain things or make one step 10 steps more complicated.

My advice, take a day break from this and come back with a calm and focused mind so you dont miss any details and not have the stress that everything is messed up because its 99.9% likely not. Good luck. :)

Last edited:

Superzoom

if it aint one thing its another :-/
Jon, I was just thinking of you the other day and remember the bull crap you had to go through to finally get your bike.

Please tell me that you've been enjoying the hell out of it and that the hassle was all worth it in the end!

And remember, "This too shall pass."

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Last edited:

leprecaun jon