Flashing people!

gizmogirl

My husband put new LED lights on my bike for a better look and he was right! However, the flash sequence is now very fast and even resistors placed in the circuit will not slow the pulse down. :eek:
Are there any aftermarket flashers that anyone is aware of that will clear this issue?:confused:

Detrich

false advertising! lol... :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

Spunky99

If it sounds like a Duc and looks like a Duc.......

pyrocpu

+1 on the false advertising!

But before I digress, as I have recently in another thread... I would suppose that might depend on what resistance value you have, in the resistors that have already been wired in.

I've these sitting on my work bench, these load resistor kits (scroll nearly to the bottom: Super Bright LEDs - Brake Light, Turn Light and Tail Light Bulbs)

I hope they work. At first, I thought there might be higher visibility with fast flashing turn signals, but since my fronts are still incandescent bulbs, I want to convert those to LED first before wiring these puppies in.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

owldaddy

They were selling a flash relay that worked with the leds, scroll a little above the resistors. Looks like a pretty cool set up. Put them on my wish list lol.

rjsantana20

I have a weird problem I noted in another thread. One of my proton flush mounts (right side) begin to flash on its own after a while of riding. Not fast just constant almost like hazard lights. My left one is fine. I was going to recheck the wiring and thought that the absence of resistors was the problem. But the problem is not in both just one so bla, bla, bla.

Any thoughts? Can anyone post some pics of how the resistors are wired?

pyrocpu

:rof: :D :rof:

Dude, that is a nice find on the resistors... working in electronics... I'm hard pressed to find power resistors for that price... that is cheap.... my last purchase involved some power resistors in the 40-70W range for some +60C power supply tests... I think they came in at the $8-12 range... so, great find!

As to flash speed vs voltage... I'm not sure why they would make the led lights like that... I'd think if you went putting resistors inline, you'd cut the brightness of the lamps, not the flash speed.
Sweet! Perhaps you can let me know which resistor(s) to use, and how to wire? I admittedly, well, SUCK at wiring things. :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

rjsantana20

Sweet! Perhaps you can let me know which resistor(s) to use, and how to wire? I admittedly, well, SUCK at wiring things. :D
So do I! A how-to would be greatly appreciated.

FitZ6R

dart1963 said:
As to flash speed vs voltage... I'm not sure why they would make the led lights like that... I'd think if you went putting resistors inline, you'd cut the brightness of the lamps, not the flash speed.
The resistors go in parallel with the LEDS, so they don't affect the brightness of the LEDs. The sole purpose of the resistors is to draw extra current (i.e., waste power) to prevent the flasher module from responding to the change in load.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

longtube55

I found these when I was buying my tail light the other day.
RESISTOR TO SLOW LED SIGNAL FLASH RATE (PAIR)
I'm going to order them now that I am certain the proton flushies cause my rear incandescent turn signals to flash twice as fast.

Hope to god it works or I'm going to scrap the idea and leave them as stock:mad::banghead: