Flasher Relay???

Bozman

So I can not get a straight answer from anyone on this. I hope that someone here has done this before so I can get this handled. I ordered a Proton turn signal kit for my 2012 FZ6R. I'm sure some or a lot of ya have done this. Do I need to purchase a different relay for the system??? I here a lot of "you may need" comments but nobody is very specific about it. I'd like to not wait for more parts if I need to. I'd rather be riding. :) Thanks in advance!

Bozman

Interesting..... Wondering if the FE kit will do the same thing. I don't really care as long as they match and it's legal to do it.

I am pretty sure it has to do with changing to LED lighting. So if you change any of your stock flashers to LED then it will likely change the blinking rate.

Bozman

Makes sense. LED electrical resistance is far different that conventional bulbs. Thank you for the link!

Bozman

And forgive me for the added questions..... but I would probably need one for the rear too correct???

latony007

Awesome. Thanks man!
I just left mine flashing slightly quicker. Its doesn't bother me, seems more vissable actually. I hear some states don't like it though.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

I couldn't stand the fast flash, but I did it with in line resistors, wish I new there was just a relay to swap lol.
why it bother some people so much? you cant see it when your on the bike :)
This site is costing me a fortune so I figured there was $20 I could save :D

latony007

Yeah I dunno what the law is in WA state here but I don't need ANOTHER reason to get pulled over. :p
lol, I look at it this way. if im not getting pulled over in CA which has requirements for about everything I figure everyone else is good :)

this is the one I believe I was told to get. These guys can confirm.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/2-Pin-Flasher-Relay-Signal-Yamaha/dp/B004XN8WVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380568679&sr=8-1&keywords=flasher+relay+fz6r]2-Pin LED Flasher Relay to Slow Signal Rate for Yamaha FZ6R FZ1 FZ8 R1 R6 R6s All Years : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bozman

I have no clue..... this is why I posted this thread..... So I'm new here, how the hell do I comment on a certain persons comment??? I see where a comment is grey and there is a direct response to it.....

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

latony007

uhm, I'm pretty sure the protons are fine without any additional parts... aren't they programmable flash?

it is only with the cheap led "lights" you need to do this...

yeah, no worries on the proton!

"Custom machined from solid acrylic. Perfectly fitted to the motorcycle, no cutting or drilling required to install
Ultra bright LEDs are easily seen in daylight, from the front, back and side
Retains full running-light functionality
Tough acrylic housing wont fade, scratch or crack
LEDs last many years of normal blinker use - they will never burn out
User selectable blink effects, including stock, fade and strobe
Full overload, over-voltage and reverse hook-up protection
Internal load-balancing prevents Proton lights from fast flashing"
Must be why they cost $90 bucks over the $10 ones from ebay that I think look better and are more visible :)

Bozman

BOOM!!!! I learded somethin tudayyyy..... :p

Thanks for all the replies. These lights were not cheap and I didn't want them to be. I'd like my bike to be a sexy *****, not a cheap whore. I've been shafted by E bay before....