First set of mods are on the way!!

SDrizzy

Hi everyone,

I joined this site a couple years back to see what the most common mods were and to look up how to's for some common problems with the FZ6R and let me just say that this site is by far the best for that and more! With that said, I have no idea why it has taken me so long to finally post or even buy anything for my blue stock 09.

I have been riding for a couple years now on the completely stock bike and just recently bough no cut sliders and a double bubble wind shield. Those should be coming soon and I can't wait to install them.

My real question follows... I have been looking into a fender eliminator but I can't find any regulations state to state on the legality of hardware (specifically for MA, I may just end up going to the local PD and just ask).. I know that the most common dilemmas are the lighting and how low/visibility of the plates. I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for more trusted brand. I know that werkes is a well known one but i found a DMP that looks better IMO..

Surfside Moto: DMP 2009-2013 Yamaha FZ6R Fender Eliminator Kit

My concerns are that there is no light above it and since it does not come with blinkers, can i just mount my stocks or do I need to order completely different ones?

I'm terribly sorry about the novel above... but any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Kayo7

I use the Competition Werkes FE kit. Came with a license plate light, turn signals, and license plate bracket. I haven't gotten into any trouble with it and I love the look.

Attachments

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

I absolutely recommend this ebay seller too. He has multiple color options, and kits with signals and plate light included. Really good price point compared to others and its great quality!

This is the route I went: 2009 2010 2011 FZ6R FZ 6R Black Fender Eliminator | eBay

I've used that guy for my yamaha and my current ninja. Both really solid products. He also offers packages that include a plate light and aftermarket signals.

Chucker

The R&G Tidy Tail extends the plate out under the tail light and has a plate light. I believe it is designed that way to ensure no issues.

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SDrizzy

Thanks for all the help everyone. I think once my windshield and sliders come in all order the R&G one. I like how it flows with the bike the best. I'll keep y'all posted!