First bike shame

WhiteFZ

I went from a GS500F for a couple of months to my wife's FZ6R for a couple of months to my CBR 954RR. Acouple more months and I get a Hyabusa....lol :justkidding:

AngryAnt

It's at *least* once a week that I walk into a store or restaraunt with my helmet in hand and get asked about my bike, and quick get an excited look - "Oh, I'm about to buy my first bike" and it never fails..."Oh, I'm buying a R6 / Gixxer 1000 / Hayabusa".

My last time was three nights ago, I ran to Best Buy to pick up a game for a friend, and the guy at the register spotted my bike, said he had a friend with the same bike. Interested, he said "my other friend just got his first bike - a Hayabusa, and I'm about to buy my first- an R6." I started to ask if his friend could take a look at these forums, but I think I blew a gasket when he told me about the 'busa / R6, told him I thought that wasn't a smart decision, and left the store.

Speed aside, I can't imagine knocking on 30 years old my back and neck could handle the constant stop & go busy city traffic on a track bike like that.

stevet

The Fz6r will more than get the job done. It's a very enjoyable and fun ride. It looks good too without breaking the bank. Top bang for your buck.

findmadhav

Well I have realized something... The FZ6R is for mature adults who think rationally.... Coz you would most see young guys speeding SS bikes on the highway and adults who ride the SS and wanna go fast will go to the track!
Motorcyling is about fun in USA not a need, and the right kind of fun demands the right place..... The road is for commuting and fun riding. The track is for real fast speeds.

Bigevildoer

I know what you mean. I haven't gotten good enough to go for track days
Before hitting a track day on your own, I strongly recommend taking a school track day first. You'll learn *TONS* - so much you can't put it all into your bag of tricks all at once. Spend the extra money and get a rental bike so you're not worried about dumping it as much, and you won't have to change out your coolant, take off your turn signals, tape your lights etc etc etc.

AngryAnt

Before hitting a track day on your own, I strongly recommend taking a school track day first. You'll learn *TONS* - so much you can't put it all into your bag of tricks all at once. Spend the extra money and get a rental bike so you're not worried about dumping it as much, and you won't have to change out your coolant, take off your turn signals, tape your lights etc etc etc.
I didn't know you could rent a bike - I'll have to look into that next year. What kind of coolant do you have to change it out for? I'm sure that's a stupid question, but not being mechanically inclined I would have just taken the fairings off and rode my own bike up there the way it was...

Detrich

yfz6r

If you don't live near a track or some mountains, a supersport is just eyecandy. My aching back can handle the fz for hours

WhiteFZ

If you don't live near a track or some mountains, a supersport is just eyecandy. My aching back can handle the fz for hours
I dunno, the seat on the FZ sucks. 40 minutes is about all I can handle. And sitting upright and farther away from the windscreen, the wind protection is only so-so. I can ride my CBR all day long. Comfy(for me I guess). I get none of the typical SS fatigue, not in the wrists, neck, or back. I have ridden an 02 R6 and the seat is comfy, but my wrists and neck were bothering me after a 45 minute ride, so I guess it varies with model.

JSP

Super Moderator
All depends on the person... I can ride my R6 for 8+ hours no problems at all.