Finally broke her...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I did! I finally broke my wife down and convinced her to get some gear so she can ride with me! :steve: Here is the gear that I have ordered and is on its way.

Unfortunately, she said she won't be the first to ride with me. :spank: She says she doesn't want to be my guinea pig for 2-up riding. :( It's a start though, and once the gear gets here, she will probably change her mind and want to put it on. Then she HAS to go for a ride...what good is the gear if you can't show it off around town, right?! :sinister:

cbzdel

thats some expensive gear some a maybe!!!

xplodnstar

Could be worse, she could have fallen in love with a bunch of Dianese stuff.

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, it's not too bad, at least for the jacket and gloves. It's the helmet that will break the bank. Her helmet costs 3 times what mine did! :eek:

But hey, if it gets her on the back of the bike with me and she is comfortable and has peace of mind....that is priceless to me.

xplodnstar

Mrs.

do I hear a MasterCard commercial coming on? ;)

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
:thumbup: Nice stuff! She'll love the helmet. My wife got the same Flutter in white.

So, pics of her in the gear? ;) It's a guy thing....

dblakeman

thats great! I took my wife for a little ride, she was fine as long as I went straight, the slightest turn and she would freak out. So single riding for me, good luck with getting her to enjoy it!

Actually, it's not too bad, at least for the jacket and gloves. It's the helmet that will break the bank. Her helmet costs 3 times what mine did! :eek:

But hey, if it gets her on the back of the bike with me and she is comfortable and has peace of mind....that is priceless to me.
My wife has the same helmet! It looks even better in person! I actually thought about wearing it..............seriously though, it is comfortable!

Roaddawg

Since the day I got my bike, my wife's been asking, "So, where's my helmet?" I didn't think she'd ever want to get on the back of a bike. I told her I wanted to get some time on the bike before taking her for a ride. Well, it's been 6 months and 7500 miles and I think I'm ready, so I just picked her up a helmet this week.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
thats great! I took my wife for a little ride, she was fine as long as I went straight, the slightest turn and she would freak out. So single riding for me, good luck with getting her to enjoy it!
Man, I have been so busy at work, the only riding I have been doing is back and forth to the hospital. We need to have some nice weather and get the three of us together for a Sunday ride.

Maybe once I get her gear in and she starts riding with me, all six of us could take a short trip. Having two other wives riding might make yours more comfortable about riding with you. :don'tknow:

jdesiano1

Well its all started now. Might as well start looking for her a bike.:D I actually had my hubby ride on the back so I could learn. He was so trusting. I wanted to take my mom when she came up so I made my hubby be the guinea pig!

I am glad you have won her over!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Verranth

I never showed my gf any of the Shoei stuff...:D

She did get the Stella Tyla pants (which were too tight), she should be getting her Stella Tyla pants today and her boots. She also got some gloves. I'm really glad that she is buying her own gear, cause I couldnt afford another $1K set of leather gear.

She is even contemplating taking her MSF class... I think I see another FZ6r purchase next year...oh, and I got my brother to get his class done, and he is now looking for a cruiser. Strangely enough, just like most cruisers, the gear is the last thing on his mind...:rolleyes:

StarlessDark

She did get the Stella Tyla pants (which were too tight), she should be getting her Stella Tyla pants today and her boots. She also got some gloves. I'm really glad that she is buying her own gear, cause I couldnt afford another $1K set of leather gear.

She is even contemplating taking her MSF class... I think I see another FZ6r purchase next year...oh, and I got my brother to get his class done, and he is now looking for a cruiser. Strangely enough, just like most cruisers, the gear is the last thing on his mind...:rolleyes:
This is an interesting observation, now that I look back on the people that I know that have bought cruisers, and the people I know who are looking to buy one. It seems that riding gear is more of an accessory, than as I see it a necessity.

My wife wants her own bike, but wants a cruiser; she is 5ft 2 and has her own comfort zone. To her the gear is not that important. My brother and his wife want hogs, my brother told me, when I asked what gear he wanted, that he would figure that out once they got their bikes.

This might be excessive but I had researched, tried on, and ordered my gear before I had decided which manufacturer’s bike I would buy.

I am still working on my wife to get her gear before she take the MSC this spring, she says she likes Scorpion’s Black Dahlia line.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Well...I never actually showed her the Shoei helmets, she found it on her own. :eek:

I was watching the games and racing last weekend while she was on her computer. I hear her call out from the office that she found the helmet she wanted. I asked her what it was and she said "a Shoei." I said to my self, "Crap, that backfired!" Her helmet ended up being more than all my gear together. :spank:

porky45

What type of boots did you get your girlfriend? My girlfriend just got her jacket, helmet and gloves today!

Verranth

What type of boots did you get your girlfriend? My girlfriend just got her jacket, helmet and gloves today!
Women's Stella Tyla Leather Pants (A*)
Color - Black, Size - 40
SKU# 165204
Women's Donna Touring Boots (Diadora)
Color - Black, Size - W7 US / 37 Euro
SKU# 170577
RC Back Protector (A*)
Color - Black, Size - Small
SKU# 6883
Woman's Empire Leather Glove (Shift)
Color - Black, Size - X-Small
SKU# 124794
Women's Stella Tyla Leather Jacket (A*)
Color - Black, Size - 40
SKU# 164653
Grand Total: $1,089.75

**Company name/ Brand given in ( )

------------------------------------------------

That is the gear she decided on. This is all from Motorcycle-superstore.com. Unfortunately, NewEnough didnt carry it :(

Oh, I will be posting her comments on the gear in the Girl's only section for the women. But, since i know some of you guys go looking for "her gear", I will say a little something about the pants.

The Stella Tyla Pants (Alpinstar) run a little small. From the website, it said that a 40 Euro was supposed to be a 4. My girl is small, she is barely 125lbs and 5'6" but she has hips. :) Oh, she really is a 4, but in Euro she must be a 6 :eek: ( i doubt this, she has gained weight, but she is still skinny imo) maybe JSP and Dart can confirm or deny. (dont worry, i wont tell her :rof:)
However, the pants were skin tight while standing up. She had to jump and squeeze and do all sorts of hilarious things to get these things on. I should have suggested a little oil, now that i think about it.

Needless to say, she needs the next size up. Also, the pant legs (inseam?) are about 1.5" longer, but maybe when she is on the bike, and has the boots on, this will become less of an issue. Stay tuned for the full details of the whole getup when she tries them on later tonight.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member