Finally Back up. Before and After

MikeN02

Finally got my R6 (Ariana) back up and running. Weird thing is whenever I don't name my bikes I get into an accident, when I got my FZ6-R from day one I named her and didn't get into an accident...

Nevertheless, pictures!

Some mods that I've done to replace the original:
Fender Eliminator (Bought from R6 Forums member, plate can fold up...)
Carbon Fiber Yamaha Symbol Bar Ends
Carbon Fiber Mirrors
Zero Gravity Double Bubble
Integrated Smoke Tail Light

Roaddawg

I was confused with the first few pics. When you said the plate "folds up"...and then I saw the damaged place pic...:confused: I thought maybe next you were gonna put up an ad on EBay, "R^ For Sale: Slightly scratched on left side...." :D

Glad you got it up and running...now KEEP IT UP AND RUNNING! Experience is the results of mistakes...you now have some good experience.

MikeN02

I was confused with the first few pics. When you said the plate "folds up"...and then I saw the damaged place pic...:confused: I thought maybe next you were gonna put up an ad on EBay, "R^ For Sale: Slightly scratched on left side...." :D

Glad you got it up and running...now KEEP IT UP AND RUNNING! Experience is the results of mistakes...you now have some good experience.
Actually if you look at the fender eliminator, it has hinges on it so you can fold it up to hide your license plate.

Only used it once because I was parking on the sidewalk with a few friends. Sure enough a security guy comes by with his golf cart and starts writing something on his pad and we come over and he told us to move em (we parked next to one of those bicycle things where you can chain your bike up to them).

Halfway riding home I forgot I flipped it up and tried to flip it back down and I couldn't so I pulled over and put it back down.

JSP

Super Moderator
Very cool man! Glad you got it all fixed up. You werent down for tooo long! Stay safe out there from now on! No more crashin! :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

2w05thletes

Looks great Mike! Keep sexy Ariana looking that way this time!! :cheer: Glad she's got a new wardrobe! :cheer: Stay safe hombre :D

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MikeN02

Thanks guys, the only way way you can really tell is the front fender has some rash on it, the right side fairings has some deep scratches on it near the bottom and the lower triple has a broken tab.

Plan to replace the front fender with a carbon fiber one and put a decal on my fairings to cover the rash.

Detrich

Looks great. Good job!

MikeN02

Second batch of pictures. This time in the day time. Just did an important reminder mod to the dash.

2w05thletes

:rof: "Crashing Sucks"

WELL SAID!

gearhead

Looks great. How are you feeling now? You as healed up as the bike?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Looks great. How are you feeling now? You as healed up as the bike?
I'm actually better than the bike. Only injury I have right now is mental, can't really hit those corners like I used to for now.

So is that your reminder when you're feeling downright "ornery" with the throttle, to back off a bit? :D Or does it just remind you every time you start her, that you should ride with a clear head, and just enjoy the ride ahead! :innocent:
A little bit of both :D no riding for a month has taught me that you should enjoy the scenery more than the bike.

Man that's a nice looking bike. Like the reminder sticker.:thumbup:
Thanks, sticker was from my friend who was there with me when I went down.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Everything's looking great, Mike!

:hijack: Whose green ninja is in the garage?

MikeN02

My sister's, but I take care of her of course. From washing her down, chain clean, lube, oil change etc.

She started riding last July, on and off every week and so she said she's ready to upgrade but I say she wait until next riding season that's when all the new riders are eager and she can get a better deal when selling her bike.

Just raised it up from being lowered for her yesterday because it had some issues with the fender and she is leaning more. So it's about an inch lower from stock.