Fender Mod

I've seen people around with that setup. Seems like it'll get you more attention, in the bad way. The plate is visible yeah but harder to read.

I second Mike's motion regarding these. yes...the tag is visible, but the cops REALLY don't like it. Several of my friends have been pulled over with these and the cops weren't happy at all. Most of them did receive a ticket too.

Most of the cops around my area don't seem to mind custom bikes, but they HATE...and i mean HATE! custom license plate tags and certain light changes to vehicles of any kind.

No problem. I also think it has a lot to do with cops in your area. Cops here in NC really don't care about mods, unless you go to modding things like lights (tinting headlights, tailights, turn sigs, tag lights, ect). I think because they feel the need to see the tag so much that it's become a problem with bikes hiding theirs. Plus if you relocate, you probably won't have a light shining on the tag.

You're welcome to give it a try and see what happens. If you get a ticket, just put your stock back on, go have it inspected and they'll throw it out of court. Also, ask a few ppl in your local inspection station. They'll let you know what the cops say. Ohio is much diff. than NC.

Back