Fender eliminator too dangerous?

walter kanov

I am a noob to all things motorcycling and would appreciate some help.

So, with it being father's day, I did install the set of father's day presents i gave to myself: Proton flushies, motordynamic LED tail light and this fender eliminator: Powerstands Racing Fender Eliminator License Plate Bracket | MotoSport (what arrived actually looked different from what's on the web site, but really any basic piece of metal would work for this job).

All in all everything went fine (thanks in large part to previous posts on this forum). I did lose one out of three screws that holds the tail light, but two are enough to hold it in place :)

Here is the question, looking at the fender eliminator, it holds the licence place pointed directly at the rear tire. I bent it up a little bit, but still not sure if there is a chance that during a turn or bump the rear tire would contact it. I am just not sure how much the bike travels up and down on the shock absorber with 220lb rider. Attached are some pictures (overall and close-up look). Should i look for a different (more expensive) fender eliminator that moves the licence plate back a little bit?

Thanks!

Attachments

Chevyfazer

If your preload is not set right it's possible that under some extreme acceleration or wheelies in my case it could get into the tire. I had my preload set at 1 for a long time did some wheelies and literally destroyed my tag and FE, got new stuff and bumped my preload up to 6. I can go to 12'oclock now with no issues

richierich781

we've had a couple members hit a bump and hit the liscence plate and bend it, myself included. Like chevy adjusting to a higher preload would prevent this.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

walter kanov

Thanks to everyone for replies!

Wheelies are not in my near future, but bumps defnitely are. Going to experiment with preload this weekend.

Detrich

I weigh about 155/160 lbs with full gear, and when I got my suspension setup the oem setting of 3 was the correct setting on the FZ6R...

RooKie

You guys should invest in the DMP FE. My spring setting is at 3 (soft), I weigh 155lbs, I've ridden 2 up for an additional 110lbs and still haven't had any issues. I highly recommend it! :thumbup: