Feeler: FS - 2009 Yamaha FZ-6R Blue (So Cali)

Detrich

SOLD - Feeler: FS - 2009 Yamaha FZ-6R Blue (So Cali)

Thought I'd toss out a feeler for my 6R, as I don't have time to ride her much nowadays. Will be really sad to see her go, but hopefully to a good owner who will love & take good care of her... Don't really have a set price, but would be willing to let her go for mid-$4K's to a good owner/ buyer... Pretty much bone stock. See my signature (virtual garage) for photos.

* 5300 weekend miles (only), great condition, dealership service records.
* 2 oem keys, key code tag, owners manual, new Dunlop Q2 tires.
* Intuitive Racing sliders, ProGrip tank pad, TechSpec tank grips, oem seat cowl.
* Clean title in hand, registration paid through 2013.

Last edited:

Detrich

I'll let you know... If I don't get any bites, then I'll keep the bike til Spring/ Summer, in which case I'll keep the cowl on it until I get it sold. Craig's List = low ballers paradise ATM. LOL

Detrich

must be slow season, cuz all i get are fraud guys on craigs list messaging me about how they'll buy the bike and pay using pay pal... <lol>

no legit buyers at at all..

:(

Detrich

do u guys think that if a Craigs List ad sits too long then people think there is something wrong with the bike and don't want to buy it? or, is it just slow season? :headscratch:

i haven't gotten many bites except from con artists. so, am debating whether or not it's advantageous to just take down the ad and wait until spring to re-post a new, different looking one.

thoughts opinions?

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm not sure if it hurts or not Detrich... I do know that the ones I have seen on there for like a year, I ask myself that very question. "whats wrong with it that its not been sold for this long?". So it may very well. But if its not on there, you cannot get a buyer. Dunno...

Detrich

Yah. I'm not really sure what to do either...

I think after my ad expires I'll do a new one with a different format and new pictures, lower the price a bit, and see what happens.

Seems like it should be easy to sell, but not much interest. =\

roadrat

How 'bout Cycle Trader? I think that's where I found my first bike, a Ninja 250 awhile back.

Detrich

I have an ad there too. =\

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

b_who

Detrich

Hahaha. U saw my ad? :)

All I've been getting are super low ball offers and con artists replying...

I think a lot of "real" potential buyers actually end up choosing something else after their initial interest. Shrugs.

Well if no one buys it I'll just keep it I guess. I just don't have time to ride 2 bikes. And I think eventually I'll want to get an R1 or S1000RR. So I need the garage space. =(

MC#4

Don't get discouraged so easily. I sold my FZ in 2 days but the year before It took me 6 months of constant craiglisting to sell my R1, But I sold it for only $100 off my asking price. (I started advertising at the end of the season) One thing I always do on CL with a bike is start out $500 over what I realisticly want for the bike. Most offers as you have found are quite low but Sometimes you can throw back a counter offer for what you wanted in the first place and they bite.

I posted my FZ for $4900. I wanted $4200/$4500. I got an offer for $4000 and told him I'd split the difference at $4450. He took it and the next day the bike was gone.

Also with Spring and income tax right around the corner. You should have no problem unloading a bike as great as the FZ6R.:thumbup:

Detrich

Sale pending... Finally

Augh, I can't believe I'm selling her tomorrow... :(
Hope the sale goes through smoothly and I don't get bike-jacked or something stupid.

I'll PM you for the seat cowl Nasty...

Detrich

buyer backed out at the 11th hour... :( oh well, back to the drawing board.

i just wish ppl would be more considerate and not wait to tell u the last minute after everything is all lined up and ready. but, it's just how it goes sometimes.

Xanroth

Hey bro, is this sold yet? Can you e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know? I have a frined of mine who is interested in buying a FZ6R (he wants mine, but im not sellin'!)

If you could send me some pictures and possibly a final asking price, I can get the info to him today!

Thanks bro!

Detrich

Hi Xanroth,

I emailed you photos and my CL ad...

Let me know.

Thanks,
Detrich :)

Detrich

Ugh... Bike is sold and I'm delivering her to her new owner this weekend... Hope the deal doesn't fall through this time. And, hope she keeps her new owner safe and sound- just like she has me. I can't even say how very sad & what mixed emotions I'm feeling... :( The FZ-6R is and always will be my first love.

But, going on my 3rd year of riding I want to look ahead and keep improving my riding skills. I may sign up for the NSR50 track days to learn on the mini bikes- since they provide the bikes as part of the package. Then, after that I'll decide whether to just keep the status quo, or if I want to invest more time in the sport.

I'll never leave this forum though... This forum is a great community & family and unlike any other forum I've been on. You guys are like my friends & teachers, and I hope that never changes and that we continue to be an insightful community and supporting each other in this ever so addicting sport of motorcycling...

Cheers! :)

roadrat

I'll never leave this forum though... This forum is a great community & family and unlike any other forum I've been on. You guys are like my friends & teachers, and I hope that never changes and that we continue to be an insightful community and supporting each other in this ever so addicting sport of motorcycling...

Cheers! :)
Sorry about your loss, lol! We've always enjoyed your posts so glad to hear you're gonna stick around. Pretty sure you're going to buy a super sport liter bike. I have a way of knowing these things. :D