Staff member

calltrex

well i just got back from a short ride.

it was flat road and no wind.

Got up to 211km/hr or 131mph

Last edited:

neshi

Update 101 speed o GPS said 95!

BTW @ 95MPH rain hurts so much. Like little ants just biting at you where ever they can!

nc_fz6r

I'm sorry to be the monsoon on the parade, but this topic is ridiculous. Trying to hit 140+ mph on a de-tuned sport-touring bike just doesn't make sense. If you wanna be a squid, be a full-on squid and get yourself a gixxer. Oh yea.. and while you're at it, try to hit max speed while in flip-flops, chamo shorts, and a wife-beater so you can round out the squid-like attire.

In all seriousness, the only thing that can come out of the pi$$ing contest, is that people suddenly start dropping off the forum because A) They're dead or B) License was revoked for 6 months for being 50+ over the speedlimit and they're too embarrased to admit it.

Oh yea.. and since all these speed claims aren't or cannot be confirmed, let me post mine. I hit 168mph this morning going uphill against a headwind. I didn't think I was going to make the speed till my fist slammed against the instrument cluster and the hyperdrive motivator whirred back to life.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Oh yea.. and since all these speed claims aren't or cannot be confirmed, let me post mine. I hit 168mph this morning going uphill against a headwind. I didn't think I was going to make the speed till my fist slammed against the instrument cluster and the hyperdrive motivator whirred back to life.
Sorry but thats funny! :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

llervero

Sometimes you have live at the edge at least for a second

133mph and no more juice left. I know my speedo is 5 off after 100mph and about 3 before that. Sometimes you have to push a little you just have to prepare and know what are you doing.

bsoder

Ditto!
I've hit 70... normal traffic speed on our highway... it can be confirmed... I believe everyone can verify it will hit 70?

Almost posted on some other thread about the +25bhp BS chip, but found myself so disinterested. If I wanted a fast bike, I'd of bought a fast bike, I wanted a comfortable sport bike (I do like the "style" of sports bikes) for every day commuting and weekend joy rides, not a track racer that would do 150mph+ or turn on a dime (think my knee's would hurt a bit since I don't have knee armor)
I'm with you on that one dart. I purposely got the FZ6R cause it wasn't a super sport.

Stricken

I'm sorry to be the monsoon on the parade, but this topic is ridiculous. Trying to hit 140+ mph on a de-tuned sport-touring bike just doesn't make sense. If you wanna be a squid, be a full-on squid and get yourself a gixxer. Oh yea.. and while you're at it, try to hit max speed while in flip-flops, chamo shorts, and a wife-beater so you can round out the squid-like attire.

In all seriousness, the only thing that can come out of the pi$$ing contest, is that people suddenly start dropping off the forum because A) They're dead or B) License was revoked for 6 months for being 50+ over the speedlimit and they're too embarrased to admit it.

I disagree with you and I think that your response is ridiculous. The topic is a good topic about one of the limitations of our bikes. Everybody knows that the FZ6r is not a super sport and we know that it will never be as fast. Everyone is just posting the maximum speed that they have gone according to the bike's speedo. And just because we have gone somewhere around 120mph or so does not make us a squid. And for you to say that we should wear flips-flops and sorts while hitting max speed also ridiculous. Dont talk down on other people especially people you do not know because it just makes you look like an idiot.

neshi

I personally don't know about North Carolina or any other state besides NY & NJ but on the I80 west bound passing HWY 46 bud lake 70MPH is the slow lane! does not make it OK to speed but when that is the flow of traffic on an almost straight highway you almost don't know you are going that fast! When I am on other highways GSP NJTP NSP SSP I87 I95 or the I495 you don't even think about going this fast even when there are no cops!

PS not a hater just feel the need to may my previous statements clear!

lilfuzz

Are you trying to show off or just trolling around???

calltrex

If its a retarded topic then go somewhere else. Obviously your bored..

Verranth

lol

I get what he was trying to say, but I think he may have misunderstood the point of this thread.

lol :rof:

Funkmaxtor

Here is my best. Confirmed via video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TewPSjhDmcM]YouTube - FZ6R Top Out[/ame]

cbzdel

Does it make me a squid because I tried to hit 140 wearing full gear and on a track and/or quarter mile?

Not everyone that tries to go fast is a squid. :rant:

I bought my bike for a daily commuter, if commuting on a super sport would be feasible with my back problems I would of bought an R6 or even R1. If I could afford two bikes I would own a commuter and a track bike. But since I cant afford two bikes I have one bike I use for both.

There is a difference between being a squid and being into speed.. There are safe ways to do it and idiotic ways to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.