exhaust mod = gas mileage drops like stone??

tractorboy

I just filled her up so we will see but it seems to me since I did the exhaust mod/ cut off stock outlet and weld in 2 1/4 pipe my gas mileage has dropped like a stone!!!!! anyone else have this or know about it??

By opening exhaust does it allow for more burning or what? How many miles should I get on a tank????

Thanks all for any input.

:banghead:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rumpig

Mine didn't change with a Danmoto shorty fitted. After doing the fz6 cam swap and fitting the doebeck fuel controller the reserve light started coming on at 260 kms instead of 280 kms, probably wrist related.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

FZSEXR

I noticed the same thing with mine too, I just bought it 2 days ago. I rode it only on local roads no highway, the bike has a two brothers full exhaust, K&N air filter and juicebox. I'm currently sitting 160km with only 1 bar of fuel left without it flashing. Seems a bit low, I don't ride that aggressively either.

Forean

I have done exhaust mod, Block off plates, and I am getting relatively the same fuel mileage as I was before.

Nolski

My marthy kit actually has been getting a little over 100 miles per tank. I'm going to look into it this week. I suspect it might me the maps I'm using causing the bike to run too rich (I am getting some backfiring). I haven't wired the speed sensor into the PCV yet either.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tractorboy

ok maybe im wrong in that Im just riding more that I am 1 hr from work. filled up today after 160 miles with 3.3 gal so im in the 50miles/gallon range so I guess Im just plain WRONG..it just felt like it I guess!!!!!

gas mileage is the same... good.

Thanks all for response. man shes nicer with the mod for sure.

liking it.