EvoTech Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator

ArkAngel06

I know this one isn't the most popular choice out there, probably because of the price. However, I love it, and think that is by far the highest quality one that you can get.

http://www.evotech-performance.com/acatalog/info_7193.html

The install was easy, until I went to put the plate on. This is for UK plates after all...They give you an adapter, but no instructions on how to use it. I kinda think I figured it out, but there was no way to put the reflector underneath the plate the way I had it, so I decided to do it the way I have it now, but that leaves the top 2 holes empty, and I don't especially like that....You can sorta see how I did it on the last pic.

arkkornkid

I've been wanting to see real-world pix of this one. I like the idea of re-using the stock lights: looks good.

Halon

this is the fender eliminator kit i was looking at but it only shows the price in UK Pounds? Is there a stateside distributor that anyone knows of?

Not to hijack the thread though; the install looks great. Its a shame you have to have that reflector under the plate, I think it would look a hair better without it. Still looks great though. :)

ME_with_a_B

Anybody try using the stock rear signals with the Targa FE?

I like the signals b/c they are realtively large and easier to see for drivers... but I don't like that the EvoTech FE keeps the plate so far back (I want it more under my tail)

arkkornkid

It's a shame Yamaha didn't do like they did on the 600R and keep the bottom of the brakelight lens clear, so it eliminates the need for a separate plate light.

I mean, I know stock the plate is a foot behind the light.... so yeah, I guess I'm asking a bit much of their engineering dept.

ArkAngel06

this is the fender eliminator kit i was looking at but it only shows the price in UK Pounds? Is there a stateside distributor that anyone knows of?

Not to hijack the thread though; the install looks great. Its a shame you have to have that reflector under the plate, I think it would look a hair better without it. Still looks great though. :)
You can easily take the reflector off...In fact, I had to make an extra effort to put it on. I just want to stay more visible.

Also, I bought it on eBay, that way it was in US Dollars. Shipping was super expensive too, and took almost 3 weeks to get to me, despite them shipping the same day I ordered it. But I'm betting that was mostly because of the volcano in Europe.

Here are some:

evotech XJ6 tail tidy items - Get great deals on items on eBay.com!

And damnit, they are like $30 cheaper than what I paid for it like a month and a half ago!

dolfan

I've got mine from e-bay also.

Attachments

BL6RNKY

I Made my FE in about 2 hours, cut down my factory bracket, used the factory bolts, welded up the license plate bracket to the shortened tail bracket and just used the factory turn signals and didnt replace the plate light, its pretty visible under the factory tail light, and i only had to have 2 peices of metal for the turn signal mounts, and it cost me nothing but 2 hours.... and it looks like the one above... also fabin up frame sliders and rear peg mounts...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member