Ear buds

Five-O

OK different laws for different states but does anyone listen to music while riding (I know the engine should be all the music you need but on long runs not twisty ones some good sounds make for an enjoyable ride and honestly the exhaust won't drown out any sound) looking for recommendations on ear buds that don't get in the way of putting on and taking off the helmet also has any one tried wireless ones?

RoadTrip

Man, I used to love to crank up the tunes during rides, did it for a couple of years until I realized I was getting tinitus. For a short ride it should be fine, but be careful doing long rides, maybe even mix it up with earplugs only on some rides. Tinitus comes on quick and you get it without any warning, fortunately it subsided once I started taking better care of protecting my hearing, but it still flares up pretty easily if I listen to music too loud or too long.

pkoko

You should wearing ear plugs to save your hearing. Wind noise is very loud on long rides.

sillysoviet

Don't have recommendation for music ear-buds but for hearing protection..

Earpro by Surefire. Duel purpose: use them on spirited runs on back roads and also at the range when i'm working. They are small and work quite well.

latony007

I suggest a bluetooth helmet, mine is the torc t12b and with BT, drop down sun visor and DOT/ECE you can get cheap now because of the guys who bought them on black friday and then list them on ebay. Like 120$ No wires and you can also get GPS and rider to rider.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Slick

I wear earbuds on all rides longer than about 10 minutes. I use Skull Candy buds, and they work great for me. I have worn them for hours on long rides w/o discomfort. I used to use ear plugs when I had a louder bike. My Icon helmet is very loud and earplugs were a must for me. As a musician I take my hearing seriously!

I put my phone on airplane mode and use it as an iPod. With literally days of music on it, I can ride about 2,000 miles on twisty roads and not hear the same song twice! I have actually done this, took about 3 weeks.

Wear hearing protection whenever you ride. It is just what works for me.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

Plus one for what Roadtrip said. When you hear the ringing in your ear, that particular tone is dying out. You will not hear that particular frequency again. I used to use ear buds in one ear and plug in another till I got tinnitus. Now I have a smh10 and use the ear speakers and ear plugs. Enough audio comes through the ear plugs to hear road issues and my music. On my Trophy, I just turn up the bikes speakers.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Hey greg, win any new bikes or gear lately you bastard? :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

Lol. Not yet Tony. ... but guess where I'm going in a few weeks? [emoji3] that's right, the imcs again. Hoping and hoping.
If you win again can i have it this time? :)
Im actually just happy i know someone that won one so i finally know that they do actually give one to somebody lol!
have a great time at the show, sucks no test rides for you guys.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member