Down! Feeling horrible.

MikeN02

thanks guys. i'm on 2 muscle relaxes and a pain med. i could move my shoulder yesterday no problem but now today I can barely move it without it hurting.

Cyclobenzaprine + Tramadol + Naproxen

It was a good thing I wore all my gear though, as it was raining and so I just took my textile jacket that nothing can get through. It was starting to get sunny so I kind of regret wearing it but now I don't.

Friend is coming to take a look at the bike now to see what I can do.

ME_with_a_B

Deja Vu....

I thought I was rereading jays post. Man that sucks, new bike and all, but glad to hear you came out ok!
Jeeez, I had the same feeling.

I'm so glad you are okay, MikeN02.

'tis the season for crashing, that's for sure. I'm hearing about way too many of these right now... its giving me a little bit of anxiety.

MikeN02

Friend just came over. Said it looks like an easy fix just the whole front head unit and the tail.

I was worried the forks might be bent but he said it just looks a little twisted, if it were to bend it would have bent near the wheel. So I gotta loosen up the triple tree and see if it'll bent back. Also the radiator was bent to the right side. Also need a headlight bracket/mount too as that broke right off.

raven6

Friend just came over. Said it looks like an easy fix just the whole front head unit and the tail.

I was worried the forks might be bent but he said it just looks a little twisted, if it were to bend it would have bent near the wheel. So I gotta loosen up the triple tree and see if it'll bent back. Also the radiator was bent to the right side. Also need a headlight bracket/mount too as that broke right off.
dude sorry to hear you went down... but I'm glad you're doing good in the aftermath... don't you have full coverage insurance..???

Chip

Sorry to hear about this dude.. hope you feel better and good job taking your sis's advice!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

columbus2382

sy to here that glad you were able to get up and walk away recover soon

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

MikeN02

Sorry to hear bud. I'm glad you're OK at least. That medication combo is the same I take every day now. 3-4 Tramadol, 1 or 2 Naproxen, and 1 Flexeril every day. :( (Had to get away from 5-6 Vicodin a day :eek: ) Be careful with the Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine), some people really react to that and it can quickly become habit forming. I hate it but have to take it for my neck spasms. Usually at night around bed time to help me sleep and keep my neck from locking up.
Not sure but I think the muscle relaxant makes me more sleepy than usual. I've been sleeping 13 hours a day since I've taken it..

Thanks guys, hopefully I can rebuild it cheap and get her back up and running again.

ironcrossmike

Man thats awful, Glad you are ok. Do you not have insurance on the bike? In my past experience it always cost more to fix a bike than first thought. At least have a trained mechanic to look it over and make sure nothing gets overlooked. Hope you recover quickly.

rjsantana20

Mr. Mike!

So sorry to hear that you went down. Take those pills. You need the rest. Pain just sucks.

Get well soon.

Rob

Insure Gal

Any day you get to walk away is a good day! Glad to hear you are ok.

Rest and recupe now, repair the bike later, it'll keep!

angelsneverlose

apparently im a couple days behind on this, sorry. But anyways, im glad to see you were able to walk away from this! The bike can always be replaced as already mentioned, but you cant! Glad your OK man. Your not the only one who has had a run in with the sandmonster, so dont feel too bad!

DO you have insurance? I didn't see you mention this earlier anywhere...

anyways, from you pics i would say they will total that bike for sure (ive seen more expensive bikes totalled for less)... If so, IMO your prolly better getting a new one, lol.

Last edited:

ry-mac75

I still can't believe that, after all that, you rode the sucker home!

You're an animal!!!!!!!

Feel better, bud.

juicyfruitjim

Glad you are ok. June 6 I went off a corner and through a fence on my 2006 FZ6. Totalled the bike and $80k in hospital and $25k for airlift. 2 days in ICU and 4 total in hospital. Nothing broken. Clothes ruined. Clavicle out of alignment and that is taking work to move. Lev 3 spleen injury and bruised kidney. Thankful I was ok and not worse. Had a new bike a week after getting out of hospital. Riding again but more cautious. Feel for you and hope/know you will get better.

Juicy

MikeN02

Florida law doesn't require you to have insurance and I'm a poor college kid so I didn't have any. I'm working some extra jobs at the moment while getting money to replace it.

Hospital bill was $2,200 and so I'm paying that off every month too

MikeN02

A little update finally! Been shopping around for some replacement parts and didn't find any tail sections or fronts for cheap.

Compared my prices with Ebay vs Motosport Warehouse vs Yamahapartsdepot.

Yamahapartsdepot came out as the cheapest total came out to about $387 for the front headlight fairings and the tail section.

Look at the R6-Forum and got a headlight for about $200, Smoked integrated tail light for $30. Right Ram air cover for $10.

D2Moto (I know I had problems with this website but it was cheap and would actually fit this bike unlike putting R6s mirrors on a FZ6R) Carbon fiber mirrors ($20) Carbon fiber Yamaha Bar ends ($13). Zero Gravity Windshield new ($30) and a custom built R6 Fender Eliminator ($25).

So I got the after market stuff to replace my OEM stuff that was trashed for a cheaper price anywho. Total came out to about $700.

Now a friend who works at Cycle Gear (Frank if anyone knows) came to look it over again today and said it looks easy so he'll take the bike tomorrow after work said he won't charge much either. Front tire is slanted in another thread plus I will to get the radiator and everything checked out for he's going to take the whole front end off.

My friend didn't get anything he wanted for his birthday, his wife bought him a $400 gucci wallet with his money since she doesn't work but he wanted parts to fix up his wrecked F4i and in the end he had to return the wallet to spend on 4 new tires for her cager.

So I'm getting him a smoked double bubble and mirrors in exchange for helping me put on the fairings even though I can do it myself.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member