• Yes

Votes: 98 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 76 38.4%
  • It's a must

Votes: 24 12.1%

• Total voters

Yummy Yellow

I have scalarider q2, so speakers are always on my ears. Always use the bluetooth function to recieve calls while I'm out riding. Has the built in radio which I will use on the lonely roads going to work, otherwise it will be off if I need to concentrate like in traffic or in the twisties. If i'm doing a breakfast run with the guys I'll be chatting to my buddy who has the other paired set. The speakers in the helmet makes it easy to always have the option for music without the hassle of hooking an mp3 player and hiding wires. I like it.

bobski

I hardly listen to music in my car. I love the sound of an engine. Screw Music.
+1 to that . . I find the 'quiet' when riding with plugs and no music or anything else very relaxing and a relief from the constant noise intrusion of everyday life . . but then I'm one of the oldest riders on here and that might have something to do with my preference.

HotSauce

speakers

I have a pair of these mounted inside my helmet, Giro TuneUps Audio Drops Kit at REI.com ...just velcro'd them in to the ear sockets. They work great, they're loud enough to hear the music, but they're not in-ear so I feel that they don't distract from important sounds while riding. Plus they've got a nice external mute button if you need to talk to a fellow rider or something.

Nyuu

I just started riding so I'm going to give it a month or two before I do, but I plan on listening to music on the shorter / low speed drives. I love the feel of riding without anything in my ears, but sometimes it'd be nice to have the option to switch. So I'll be looking for something that works well with the Scorpion Exo 1100 as far as fitting inside the helmet.

ajskillz13

Here's a cheap solution for music in your helmet. Sound quality may not be as good as ear buds, but I guarantee this is more comfortable.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Dual-Sided-Earphones-Microphone-Extension/dp/B007NN5MPK]Amazon.com: WCI Quality Motorcycle Helmet Dual-Sided Earphones With PTT, Microphone And Volume Control Extension Cord - Wind and Noise Cancellation Sound - Fits in Helmet Earphones Slot - Connects to iPhone 4, Android, Blackberry, MP3 Players, iPod&#[/ame]

BoneJj

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

So do you actually use that same model? I want to put something like this in my helmet to use with my phone but I've read a lot of reviews that says they are not so hot....

How are your phone calls with it if you have it?

ajskillz13

So do you actually use that same model? I want to put something like this in my helmet to use with my phone but I've read a lot of reviews that says they are not so hot....

How are your phone calls with it if you have it?
Nope... I have a UClear Bluetooth setup. I just stumbled upon this item and thought it would be a cheap option for someone wanting something cheap that didn't involve the hassle of earbuds.

I personally think you get what you pay for and wouldn't go that route, but I thought I'd drop it here for those who wanted a cheap helmet audio option.

JSP

Super Moderator
I listen to music now and dont know how I rode all these years without it. :D

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
What do you use for music? I thought about my nice in ear headphones but since it's illegal I got a bluetooth setup (tried it out with my Galaxy S4, but not in my helmet yet). Seems okay, but not sure if it'll be loud enough with the Viper howling unrestricted. LOL! Got this Amazon.com: Noise-Cancelling Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Headset and Intercom with Handsfree Calling for Samsung Galaxy S4 , S3 , Note 2 / Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD , RAZR M / HTC DROID DNA , One , First and More - Includes Headset Cleaning Kit: El
Picked up a small Ipod Nano. Just using the earphones that came with them. I cannot wear any earphones in my ears while wearing a helmet. Even without a helmet, my ears are sensitive, I cannot stand anything other than foam ear plugs in them.

I just ran the speakers behind the snap in the padding (so they cannot get pulled out). I wedged their stalk in there and they fit great. Been wearing them for a while now and have not even had to re-adjust them. Also just set my wife up the same way with her Ipod Touch. The speakers sit right where my ear hole does. Sounds great. Just as if they were in my ears.

RoadTrip

Gotta watch out for the sammy hagar "i cant drive 55" and the reaction it gets out of the throttle hand!!!!!!!
How bout some Judas Priest, similar effect:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4]Judas Priest - Turbo Lover - YouTube[/ame]

BKP

In Georgia you can talk on the phone through a headset, but not listen to music...

That being said I *never* ride without taking my tunes...

And, in case the NSA, FBI, or DOJ is collecting these posts along with everything else... I'm drinking right now, so I can't be responsible for my posts...

...'scuse me... HIC... I'm going for a ride... HIC...

Detrich

I tried using in-ear buds but found that the added noise of hearing myself breathing plus the wind noise meant I had to really crank up the volume and made it questionably safe. Decided its just safer to not listen to music

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member