Dent in Gas Tank

latony007

all I ever got was a NO from everybody, everthing or products did not work. Living with it :(

Thanks!

Mike
even nothing from a body shop? i find that hard to believe. Keep your eye open on ebay or something for a tank, they appear every once in a while.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member
J

justBlue

Tank dent

It happened to me now, I just noticed it today before I left work. I pulled off the side cover so I could shine a light under the tank to double check that my hoses aren't kinked at all.Id admit it if they were, but they aren't.Everythings nice and straight connecting to my tank and I can move the slack with ease so nothings pinched.I'll take a picture soon, I was trying to ignore it today so it didn't bother me quite as much.

Mines a little different then the op, the area my knee presses against on the right side shifted in, the entire area..It almost looks like I pressed in my tank further using my knee to shift my body weight, I doubt that's what happened its just the best way to describe it.
That is exacly what happened to me - I think it sucked itself in - same spot as picture

J

justBlue

Did you have the gas tank full or empty. You got different glue gun? walmart??

Thanks!

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:
J

justBlue

No -I haven't got mine out yet - not sure if the two side suction cups are going to hit flat to get good pressure so the middle one can pull out.... But it work for u thats great. Did you use a different glue or glue gun then that came with the kit?
ThankS!

bleedinblue

Elite Member
J

justBlue

OK - Thanks! that aproach sounds better - pulling at the sides first instead of going to the deepest part of the dent. Where did you end up getting a better hot glue gun? Never had a reason to use one before.
I sure do apperiate the time and effort you have helped me and others on the Forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedinblue

Elite Member