Decal Removal

F

FZ6R_Blue

How do i remove my decals fully. I tried some heat from a blow dryer but some of it just wont come off. I got some goo gone but it doesnt seem to work.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bjs045

1) Heat gun or blow dryer.
2) 2lb fishing line.
3) Goo Gone for residue clean up
4) Patience

..... a beer or 12 :iconbeer:

Chucker

My grandma's old trick - peanut butter. It has enough grit in it to free up the adhesive, and the oil takes away the stickiness, all this without a scratch. It works faster on sticker glue than decal glue, but I used it on my bike and it worked.

Last edited:

CDN6R

And speaking of decals,what do you guys think of this as a alternative to the STAR on the Yellow 6R,,,, could pass for stock.

mische42

I have to admit...I think that is better looking than the original....course its hard to go wrong when you have yellow to start with!!

F

FZ6R_Blue

I have tired Goo Gone,heat and alcohol nothing seems to be getting the leftover residue off

CDN6R

Looks great! Where did you get them?
A fellow in Ontario Canada,he bought a 09 Yellow 6R and changed the decals to the Blue 6R design. See here::Home His site is mainly for his Seca Turbo so you have to use :contact us,,, to ask him about the Yellow FZ6R decals.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

McJosh

I just removed mine a couple minutes ago. The first one i got anxious and I started peeling it off and not waiting for the decal to warm up so it left a little residue. The second one was just about perfect. Goo Gone and a towel laying around took care of the residue. Then Pig Spit for a good ol' shine! :)

KenS

I have tired Goo Gone,heat and alcohol nothing seems to be getting the leftover residue off
Please try a little lighter fluid. When I had my tank decal on, I used a heatgun (carefully, just enough to heat the decal up ... use a hairdryer as an alternative), peeled, then put ligher fluid on a cloth and it wiped right up. Seriously, super easy and took a total of about two minutes and you couldn't tell there was ever a decal on there. Use a regular cleaner after that just to get any residual kerosene off, then use a quick spray wax. No lines, just a clean spot. I did this several months ago and to this day it sparkles with no evidence of a decal being there before.

wtnotch

A fellow in Ontario Canada,he bought a 09 Yellow 6R and changed the decals to the Blue 6R design. See here::Home His site is mainly for his Seca Turbo so you have to use :contact us,,, to ask him about the Yellow FZ6R decals.
Thank you - email sent :)

F

FZ6R_Blue

All the decals are off, but the residue wont come off. I put Goo Gone on it but it doesn't seem to do anything
Im more than a little cautious about putting lighter fluid on my plastics