Status
Not open for further replies.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Fellas, we don't ban for inactivity! However, we can do a public tar and feathering upon his return! :rof:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Jots S.R.M.C.

HEY GUYS... I have been AFK from the board for a long time..

Came on to change that- I'll post pics as soon as I can

BoneJj

HEY GUYS... I have been AFK from the board for a long time..

Came on to change that- I'll post pics as soon as I can
woah, interesting......

I would say long time about states it well, lol.

Jots S.R.M.C.

----I just caught up on the board and this thread.

- I read alot of "HATER" post's about my absence - I would NEVER create a "build" thread and not build. out of the couple stunt/race bike builds ive done and customizing thats just silly to think.. and YES it came out exactly how I designed it.. Which looks good in my opinion.. it's nothing "GERMAN" Streetfighter style.. as in 100% custom- just a mear "TWEAK" of the rearend.. I should of dropped it form a building would of been easier.. now going back to the hate post's.. Did your life come to a complete stop due to the fact I had a roomate disappear on me- forcing me to lose my lease and finding a new place in a time of the year that I wasn't financially comfortable, nor have the money to MOVE all my shit, lose a security deposit because of lease termination. then come up with a new one.. PHEW!.. Sorry I failed to update you guys as my access to internet in home was hindered for a few months.. Then today I got a call from someone in my club saying someone that runs stuff in my club saw that I identified myself on a public domain and posted a picture that was against our BYLAWS and needed be removed ASAP.. Which then I realized.. OH shit, I forgot about the forum.. ! So I got on, fixed what i needed to fix.. and Caught back up.. Life tends to throw you curve balls and when your busy with ton's of stuff certain things change priority..

Back on track we have progress pics as I did the cuts on the frame, mach-welds (tach), mistake, cut, re-weld.. then final so i could put together a little "HOW TO" PDF courtesy of me for you!!! Yes.. With a little innovation and tools you could do exactly what I DID! How about that?

So anyone can do what I did- Cost was about 60 bucks.. Which included Grinder "HEADS" , "WIRE WHEELS",
for the welding.. Obviously if you got a welder and all the fab equiptment your cost is going to be steel..

Since nothing I own stays the same for long, after seeing another post- I'm already contemplating getting out the measuring tape
and seeing about in the future chopping the rear off, Welding "EARS" on the posts to mount any type of rear subframe for pretty much
any sport bike that has a subframe with "4" "ear" mounting points.. I could of done this - and thinking now it would of probually made sense in the long run. But right now I have a 1 of a kind street fighter, though I do dislike the tail section alot- I am a king of customizing anything with "nothing" - via "CHEAP Customs"- In other words, not having the money for a subframe and cowlings, lights etc or the entire assembly.. basicly I took the cheap and most custom route.

One thing about steel is.. I can always change it.. It's never going to have the structure of a solid tube frame.. But I can always weld anything to the posts - I'm going to keep it in its current state for AWHILE.. But I see in the future a different rearend on it.. But we will see.. Someone wanna beat me to it?

Been busy- Moved- Started my own company.. Busy with my riding family- up before its finished.. Don't worry its nothing super. It just turned out EXACTLY how my picture desined however, I had to cut in a different places.. Oh yea - painted the brakes, windscreen, added some graffics, and another surprise !

I'm going to lower the tripple tree this weekend as I read it will help even out the front end and possibly make it easier to dip into turns, we'll see- What's funny is I installed cartige emulators and it never crossed my mind to lower the tripple tree. Hell you could almost lower it enough to put some clip on's on it !

I hope the fairings get sprayed this weekend he has had them for awhile.. ( AFTERMARKET) - its still got the red/white stock fairings as it sits currently.. I've got BIKE WRAPS on the new ones!!!!.. (I sent the fairings to the company and they applied them) - and my buddy is supposed to be spraying some gloss on them to give them a EVIL real look.. 3 coats!! and flake in it !

So yea- you guys haven't been updated on the bike.. what it's been going through.. COMPLETELY, Cosmetically changed.. As well as the rake now,

PHEW.. That was alot.. I dont mean to attack anyone that made douche-bag post's... I don't personally care for that- nor do I wish to insult- or make any comment in my defense - this is just whats been going on in my life.. I promised to get pics up quick and failed to do so. I apologize for that- this overall is turning into a complete rebuild now as i've aquired new fairings.. got graffic wraps put on them and getting gloss sprayed- I've already done so many other minor things to it as well..

To those that have interest in this and haven't made any stupid posts or remarks thank you for baring with me and sorry it's taken a long time.. to everyone else maybe i'll just link those that didn't make stupid comments photobucket links and email my pdf personally because at this point I don't really care for a bunch of sillyness.. I did this for me, not you after all.
To those that have been patient thank you and you will have access to every picture we've taken along with a pdf.. I can't promise how long i'll have that- pictures are first priority.
To those that have been rude.. I just may keep the build pic's private.. Of course ill post a shitty "General" pic haha.. But i don't really give a shit right now lol

Last edited:

Jots S.R.M.C.

Get the idea "but" how is your pillion seat is going to line up with riders seat??
I hope for your sake you don't mess up a perfectly good bike
Good luck and keep us posted

I am in the works of mold for my own custom rear passenger seat cowling - fiber glass isn't fun.. I already screwed 2 up.. We will see.. Paper machete wasn't the way to do it lol.. but for a passenger it keeps the girl more closer to me.. less chance of her falling off as its not level anymore..

I am going to have my custom rear passenger seat cowling for looks.. and also will beable to put the rear seat on for a passenger.. Still need to order the brackets or a new seat as I have used the current seats bracket for mach-up rendering the seat useless

iSpoolin

Vulpine

I am in the works of mold for my own custom rear passenger seat cowling - fiber glass isn't fun.. I already screwed 2 up.. We will see.. Paper machete wasn't the way to do it lol.. but for a passenger it keeps the girl more closer to me.. less chance of her falling off as its not level anymore..

I am going to have my custom rear passenger seat cowling for looks.. and also will beable to put the rear seat on for a passenger.. Still need to order the brackets or a new seat as I have used the current seats bracket for mach-up rendering the seat useless
I understand things get back-logged. Life is time consuming especially when you own your own business and have a family. I've been procrastinating some mods myself. Good luck with everything. I look forward to pics of your progress. Sounds like something I'd like to endeavor.

F

FZ6R_Blue

Really he writes a two page paper on why there is still no pics......
You and this thread are worthless without pics....
:needpics:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
F

FZ6R_Blue

dart its more like Friendly group of "Show US" riders... if your going to tell us about it you have to show it.... we are all show

popeye

Here we go again.
Jots ,sorry to hear about your misshaps and glad your still around.
Just get them pictures on so everybody ,myself included ,can shut the hell up or give you some feedback .Otherwise ,this thread is uselless.

The whole idea ,as i am sure you are aware, is for people that share the same interests/passions to have discussions and share experiences .There is only one way that you, me, or anybody else can share info on how to perform a mod such as the one you claimed to have started and that is VISUAL.

This is not an attack ,i am really interested to see this mod so please post some pics or forever hold your peace :)

Cheers :iconbeer:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Status
Not open for further replies.