Status
Not open for further replies.

Jots S.R.M.C.

Custom Streetfighter Rearend / Build

Ok - before anyone says anything silly.

I am well aware this is a ONE piece frame there is no actual

"Subframe" unless you decribe the end of the frame as the "SUB section"

Anyways- I plan on doing a lil custom work to the rearend

Going to cost me exactly 5 dollar's in steel...... and 10 dollars for a grinder head wheel(s) - String and stone..

So basicly what im doing is FIGHTERING out the rear end... it's going to be insane- Well not too insane.. but definity cool in my opinion...

the B (Gold,yellow and black (AFTER)) line is not actually going to be that high.. a little shorter...

You hopefully get the idea

5 bucks in steel..

Tell me what ya guys think

In the end.. the Tail section is going to be inline with the Gas Tank... - I dont have a saved photoshop image that my friend mod'd infront of me.. but thats where the idea turned into something we are doing.. going to look like a beefy GSXR when im done with a skinny rear end

The 'X'-d A and B lines represnet where the angles of the rearend sit in a STOCK form........... The GOLD and BLACK - A & B Lines represent AFTER work is done... The A's are the furthest to the bottom.. the B's are the closest to the top

Last edited:

roadrat

sounds cool can't wait to see it.... :D

Jots S.R.M.C.

In my opinion.. I am finishing the bike...

Every-time I look at the side view.. I think YAMAHA was stupid for not raising the rear end.. or putting a different tank on it. as the tank angle is much higher of the rearend.. and any common street bike is even normally

So.. In doing so.. I will actually be raising the seat.. Making the bike more comfortable for me in the long run.... and making FLAT renthall bars that I put on it.. more " Street fighter" and in my opinion funner to handle and throw around

My buddy with a shop and all the tools needed i pick up from the airport tommorow to give a lift home.. just talked to him on FB... gonna have this done in a cpl days.. In time for my National MC run to Sandiego on thursday night!

Last edited:

iSpoolin

In my opinion.. I am finishing the bike...

Every-time I look at the side view.. I think YAMAHA was stupid for not raising the rear end.. or putting a different tank on it. as the tank angle is much higher of the rearend.. and any common street bike is even normally

So.. In doing so.. I will actually be raising the seat.. Making the bike more comfortable for me in the long run.... and making FLAT renthall bars that I put on it.. more " Street fighter" and in my opinion funner to handle and throw around

My buddy with a shop and all the tools needed i pick up from the airport tommorow to give a lift home.. just talked to him on FB... gonna have this done in a cpl days.. In time for my National MC run to Sandiego on thursday night!

The FZ isn't a race replica. That is why the seat is not raised up higher, this is a sport touring bike, with the seat where it is it is actually comfortable for passengers.

To each his own, but in my opinion, you should have just bought a SS :lol:

Jots S.R.M.C.

The FZ isn't a race replica. That is why the seat is not raised up higher, this is a sport touring bike, with the seat where it is it is actually comfortable for passengers.

To each his own, but in my opinion, you should have just bought a SS :lol:
I wanted something comfortable for price.. and I got it..

and I wanted something brand new :) thats kinda how i buy.. New.. Full 3 year Maintenance covered everything

It's exactly what I want, changed the suspension, front and just adjusted back.. going to do this mod - maybe exhaust and some Graffic skins.. and call her square...

FYI - ive been riding: stunting, racing , touring, for years... I know what I like.. and im totally out of the 'hunched over tank' type riding... I like racing.. I just cant afford it anymore as I have alot of responsibilities with my own company etc.. cant afford to get hurt ;) - This is a great intermediate touring bike.. for a hell of a price...

popeye

Get the idea "but" how is your pillion seat is going to line up with riders seat??
I hope for your sake you don't mess up a perfectly good bike
Good luck and keep us posted

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Jots S.R.M.C.

Get the idea "but" how is your pillion seat is going to line up with riders seat??
I hope for your sake you don't mess up a perfectly good bike
Good luck and keep us posted
Will post pics this weekend.. The cuts are made and there is just some CRAP steel welded in to kinda mach it up..

Going to fabricate the pieces of steel im welding in saturday and have it all welded in and painted..

and then ill have pics... I just got before and after... kinda a 2 step process

popeye

Come on mate what's going on
Where's the pics :)
Hope you havent run into any major issues ,looking forward to see the progress

b_who

Come on mate what's going on
Where's the pics :)
Hope you havent run into any major issues ,looking forward to see the progress
+1. Im very eager to see how this is coming out

Jots S.R.M.C.

Sorry been really busy.. My camera on my phone is fucked.. otherwise I would of had pics up this weekend..

I'm goign to have a buddy take a pic and send it to facebook so I can link them here..

It turned out EPIC!

rjohnson5481

We saw all the pictures of your tires, where's the one of the rear end! :thumbup:

jccity6

enough already, get some pics up.

CrazyCawi

Im starting to doubt it got done....

SAFE-T

Just waiting to see if I can add this to the growing list of totally crappy homebrewed mods I've seen in the past 10 yrs. on the internet...

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.