Coolest motorcycle race footage ive ever seen

Fizzer6R

awesome! :thumbup: I like the bike crash into the field and the sheep go running away

I'd say those that run the Isle of Man Course have bigger balls of steel than MotoGP

if you haven't seen it, check out V Four Victory about the TT - part of it is on youtube, I'll throw it in the vid section

Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Hellgate

IoM is simply the best. Two years ago Rossi attended and was stunned at the quality of riding, he was shocked.

If you liked that clip check out the coverage in Discovery or VS, or one of those channels. It's in HD and is simply stunning.

Joey Dunlop is God.

ChUcK

It almost makes me feel like I have never taken a single risk in my entire life. I'd like to check that race out in person one of these days.

JonKerr

Elite Member

rahuljp

Those crashes were crazy... those guys were flung all over the place! :eek:

y0uki11edkenny

my brain straight overloaded on that video. :eek: that on guy who fell off into the field it looked like he hit the rock wall and the jump at the start of the video was a close call

auniquesoul

whoa, the vid was awesome. I will def never make it to that point... I fell off once, and I never want to do that again..more power to em!

Ledgini

The first of the two crashes was Connor Cummings in 2010 TT. Connor's injuries included a badly broken left arm, slight shoulder injuries, fractures to bones in his back, hairline fracture to his pelvis, a bruised lung, dislocated knee and ligament damage.

He was back racing in this years event!!

The second crash is from the 80's, don't know much about it other than that.

I have visited the island during the 2010 TT with work, my Boss was part of last years legends parade so a load of us from the dealership went to support him. His name is Bill Smith and he has won more TT replicas than any other rider in the event’s whole history.

I work with this guy every day, he is 78 years old now and has some of the best stories you will ever hear. He was also the first UK rider to ever race for Honda, when all other riders were still on British bikes. Thats how our dealership started, Bill got the sole rights to Import the first Honda's to the UK because of it. As you can imagine, because of him I know alot about the TT and am a massive fan.

I can tell you that when you watch the videos of the TT they look fast, but when you see it in the flesh you realise that every single person racing is completely insane. Those roads are lethal. On the last day of the event, they open the track to anyone with a bike, its called Mad Sunday. The race track is just full of thousands of bike fans all riding like absolute lunatics, as you can imagine, the crash rate is rediculous. In total this year 11 people died!!!!!

Even so, it is a fantastic event, the riders know the dangers and still want to be a part of it. The one bonus I have with living in the UK is that the TT is only an hour ferry ride away :)

If you ever get the chance, go for it. It is one of the best weeks holiday you can have.

Last edited:

kevin8198

Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

It almost makes me feel like I have never taken a single risk in my entire life. I'd like to check that race out in person one of these days.
Ditto!

Isle of Man TT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The future of the TT is always in doubt with regards to the safety, especially "Mad Sunday" when any member of the public can ride the mountain section of the course which is open one way from Ramsey to Douglas. The TT races are extremely dangerous because of the high speeds on very narrow, twisting streets, roads and lanes flanked by stone walls and even buildings. Between 1907 and 2009 (at the end of 2009 TT races period) there have been 231 deaths during official practices or races on the Snaefell Mountain Course (this number includes the riders killed during Manx Grand Prix and the Clubman TT races)."

I saw a documentary somewhere on it (might have been on Discovery) that had interviews with the girlfriends and wives of some of the riders and there's a part while they are filming where an announcer comes of the speaker system to report that somebody had just died from a crash.

I think it'd be an awesome route to ride....at 35~45mph!