contemplating a new mod

Craxican

o check out youtube...there's a twin turbo busa on there...I didn't actually get to see it move (it probably can't lol) but there is a part where they crank it up...now that is just impractical lol...but man it would be awesome to say you had one...kinda like the Viper powered bike lol (id be scared to look at it with keys in hand)

cbzdel

best of luck to the project.. it will be a sight if it goes past the planning stage, that is FOR SURE!

as for the beetle..
Its about 1/2 done.. I just got the body back on the frame, brake lines ran, and suspension installed last week. Now its really electrical and and engine installation, then just body work, which is new to me so who knows what will happen haha! I want to do the body work myself but just to get it going and save some cash.. But I have brand new fiberglass fenders, hood, and running boards, so its just the main body I have to worry about...

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Don't know if this will help but here's an R1 to look at. :D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Aint it perdy!!

AfDevin86

so true...its more like a dream...seeing how far i can push this bike...the busas have been pushed to twin turbos and 500HP...1000cc bikes have also had this stuff done...but the fz6r...who would want to spend $7000+ on a $6000 bike? ME lol...like the guy with the super Ford Fiesta...I just want to see how far i can push it...i realize that even with a turbo running 10lbs, racing fuel, titanium pistons, rods, and rockers, and running octane boost, I will never beat a tricked out r1 or busa...maybe not even a tricked out 600cc bike...but i will get up with them and make them at least think about my bike...:wav:

(just to clarify...those prices are not correct...i would have actually spent more along the lines of $4000 in mods...meaning that I would have a turbo bike that should run faster than a stock r6 and keep up with a stock r1 up to about 150mph without engine work, all for about $10,000...the busa and zx14 are $13,000)
Negitive, with the economy the way it is there is NO reason you can't walk an 08 zx14 OTD for 9689 or an 08 R1 OTD for 9890 or a Busa OTD for 10657. Not bashing again, or re-correcting you but I am right. =P Just saying.

rubicon1000

just so i make myself clear, this bike does not had the braking performance to slow the bike down like a super sport bike does. this bikes frame is not as strong and cheaper made then other bikes hance the great price. this bike has a small rear tire , i would almost say its ok for the power the bike had stock you want a lager tire if you have more hp. I have a cbr 1000rr and has planty of power i thought of a turbo kit but then again mine does over 70 in first and i cant to that hardly at all down here in fl. i hear u saying on your other posts that you were doing over 130 i would say thats planty for this bike and you are already braking the law pretty good down here in fl. get a diffrent bike if you want more power. you will not live a long time if u put all that money into power upgrades on this bike and nothing else its a waste.

Craxican

Af, yeah an 08...not 09 or 10...i'm talking about brand new...

and to rubicon...a waste to you sir, not to someone else...

not insulting anyone...but where's everyone's imagination? people wanted to make cars go faster so they slapped on super blowers, super chargers, turbos, and in extreme cases rockets...and these have been done to ALL types of cars and motorcycles...i just want to do it to my bike cuz i want to...maybe it doesn't make sense to you and maybe it does, but what is wrong with trying something different? I would say the same goes for any bike...why upgrade when you can buy a bigger one...and once you hit a busa or zx14, well they top out at 180+ stock which you can't do anywhere anyway so why the performance upgrades...why the cosmetic upgrades when you'll be going so fast that no one can see it but at stop lights and of course it is garage kept...hell i know people who say motorcycles are a waste of money because you can't haul anything on them or go grocery shopping without 13 bags strapped to your rear...all these questions are about practicality...and well let's face it, not a whole lot is practical about a motorized, two-wheeled vehicle with the exception of gas mileage and speed...not a whole lot is practical about a bike that goes over 75mph cuz you can't do it anywhere legally except on a track (in the US and yes i know that some places have speed limits of 95, don't get all bent out of shape over a technicality or forget the rest of the post because I made one error on an umimportant part)...hell that goes for cars too...you want it though don't you? I want to upgrade this bike because this is the bike that I have and that is what I want to do with it...if anyone has any questions or something constructive to say, by all means post...this conversation of WHY WHY WHY could go on forever...why by a busa when you can get a car and be safer at such high speeds...why not buy a Ferrari or an Aston Martin...who hear wants an Enzo???? c'mon people, really?

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Come on... install the turbo and show us the track time already. :D Because you can! :thumbup: Oh, and don't forget the dyno chart?

I like chicken!

AfDevin86

Af, yeah an 08...not 09 or 10...i'm talking about brand new...

and to rubicon...a waste to you sir, not to someone else...

not insulting anyone...but where's everyone's imagination? people wanted to make cars go faster so they slapped on super blowers, super chargers, turbos, and in extreme cases rockets...and these have been done to ALL types of cars and motorcycles...i just want to do it to my bike cuz i want to...maybe it doesn't make sense to you and maybe it does, but what is wrong with trying something different? I would say the same goes for any bike...why upgrade when you can buy a bigger one...and once you hit a busa or zx14, well they top out at 180+ stock which you can't do anywhere anyway so why the performance upgrades...why the cosmetic upgrades when you'll be going so fast that no one can see it but at stop lights and of course it is garage kept...hell i know people who say motorcycles are a waste of money because you can't haul anything on them or go grocery shopping without 13 bags strapped to your rear...all these questions are about practicality...and well let's face it, not a whole lot is practical about a motorized, two-wheeled vehicle with the exception of gas mileage and speed...not a whole lot is practical about a bike that goes over 75mph cuz you can't do it anywhere legally except on a track (in the US and yes i know that some places have speed limits of 95, don't get all bent out of shape over a technicality or forget the rest of the post because I made one error on an umimportant part)...hell that goes for cars too...you want it though don't you? I want to upgrade this bike because this is the bike that I have and that is what I want to do with it...if anyone has any questions or something constructive to say, by all means post...this conversation of WHY WHY WHY could go on forever...why by a busa when you can get a car and be safer at such high speeds...why not buy a Ferrari or an Aston Martin...who hear wants an Enzo???? c'mon people, really?
I guess we all like seeing you around on here :banghead: and don't want to see you die in a horrible bike wreck. There is not enough bike to handle a turbo. F*&k it I'm all for it, go nuts. Live life fast. :rockon:

cbzdel

this thread has lasted far to long...

talk is cheap, lets see this project get started already..

JSP

Super Moderator
I'd LOVE to see you go through with this! We need a pioneer to show us what our bikes are capable of.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'd LOVE to see you go through with this! We need a pioneer to show us what our bikes are capable of.
There is already one pioneer among us that is thinking outside the box. But I don't remember who had the nitrous oxide project going... :spank:

JSP

Super Moderator

Craxican

I thought about nitrous...and that just seems a lil too much out of my control...but whoever is doing it...more power to you and good luck

cbzdel

If this thread does not show a mock up of a turbo within 1 month I call ban for getting the forum worked up over nothing :D

Craxican

LOL...i already said that I would not be able to get started on this until January...my anniversary this month, my wife bday next..xmas in december...and my whole family is going to be here 3 bros 3 sis, 4 nephews, 1 neice, my parents (whom I have not seen in 6 yrs)...and that's just my immediate family on my side of the family lol...

this thread was me asking if i should go for the kit ($3000) or step by step parts (aprox. $1500) and what size and type turbo would be good...which i think only a few offered there opinion on, but i still want to know so i can get some ideas when I start ordering

cbzdel

whats the kit come with?? neither the kit or the step by step will be bolt on and will require fab work.. so just go with the step by step and save some cash, then you can use the extra $1500 to help fab a header and decide how to work the A:F :confused:

Craxican

that's what i was thinking...

the kit comes with a turbo with a wastegate (pre-adjusted to however much i want), blow off valve, enough pipe u-bends to fab heads and exhaust+intake, length cut rubber tubes/lines, fuel pump, oil pump, boost gauge, gaskets, hose clamps, bolts, fasteners...(get the picture?lol)
it also comes with a 1hr of tech-time...so once everything is fabbed and ready to put on, the company will help us tie up any lose ends, make sure we've put everything in the right place (lol), and offered to help with the A:F