Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator

uscgduncan

I agree man, especially since metal fabrication is what I do and I have access to a fully equipped sheet metal shop. Those are not worth a 100 bucks, your just paying for a little R & D and a brand name IMO. I'm thinking I could fab a mount, powder coat it and ship it to some one for about a third of that.

mwilkins_2000

as soon as someone fabs up one that will incooperate the factory turn signals im down to buy one from you i aint paying 100 bucks for a L shape piece of metal...:Flip:

fz6r rider

I would recomend using flush mounts instead and then mounting the plate as low as you can to the shock this cleans up the rear allot

cbzdel

Why spend $100+ when you can fab a bracket from home depot and mount the plate back towards the suspension and put flush mounts in the holes from the original bracket total cost about $45
because i cant fab very well.. ok i made a LP mount for my other bike, and it got the job done and no one knew that it looked like crap because you couldnt see it.. But I knew it sucked, and I am anal about thing I own, I need they to be perfect, so personally I was willing to spend the $100+ on this just to make it quality. Plus I really like the location of the CW FE, I think its a great spot for the LP and its blinkers are decent looking, I dont like the ones that mount it down in front the the tire in the spring area, plus they are illegal in my area, a buddy of mine got busted, the cop bitched saying they had poor visibility, I thought it was ok but he even lost in court...

fz6r rider

i understand where your coming from the only thing i can reccomend is practice the more you fab things the more you come up with the more interesting and unique your ride becomes because you thought of the mod and theres nothing better then know that you paid a 1/4 of what others did and you did it yourself

O-turn

Partier
Eh, To each his own.

I just recieved this piece in the mail yesterday, any pointers on the install?

For the canadians.............

Just received the competition works fender eliminator FE and our license plate holes don't line up?

I guess drilling is required.

Do I drill the plate or the bracket?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
For the canadians.............

Just received the competition works fender eliminator FE and our license plate holes don't line up?

I guess drilling is required.

Do I drill the plate or the bracket?
I don't know about in Canada, but I believe some localities in the states will give tickets for modified or otherwise changed/damaged license plates.

So, I would put masking tape on either side of the bracket and drill slowly.

tac.69

Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit / Help

Hey,

I just installed this kit today and when I went to turn the rear signal lights on my right signal light worked but when I activated my left turn signal light..... nothing.... after a few attempts neither turn signal works and now my tail light doesn't come on... however, my brake light does work...

any help or assistance would be appreciated.

thanks

DjOrchie

I don't know about in Canada, but I believe some localities in the states will give tickets for modified or otherwise changed/damaged license plates.

So, I would put masking tape on either side of the bracket and drill slowly.
I didn't have to drill my plate to install it, weird. As for the other comment, I was pulled over by the RCMP yesterday, for yes... speeding, and the guy didn't say anything about my fender eliminator :D

Halon

This is at the top of my wishlist as of now. I don't want to mod alot, but that fender is ugly...

GF_Playa

i drilled two larger holes in the factory brackets and mounted flush LEDs underneath, then put a side licence plate mount

GF_Playa

lg1 designs, in the graphics kit i ordered, i orginally was gonna put it above the yamaha on the side fairings but looked better on the tail so just went with it

TOMIK

FE

go to E-bay and type item# 330421598829 Seller Creesel
Excellent product, fast shipping, easy to install, Only $50.00. at his auction.

arkkornkid

Like I said I got the bracket only. And I had to do some modifying in order to make things work. The bracket bolted right in place and is a great piece (you will need to get new bolts or track down washers and nuts to fit the stock bolts), but in order to make the signals fit I had to do away with the rubber stalks and just use the signals themselves.... which meant drilling holes in the bracket to hold the signal in place. I even went so far as to put some clear silicone where the wires go into the signals to weatherproof them.

Also there is NO WAY to use the stock plate light, it's just too big and the bracket is angled in such a way that it's impossible. It has a pre-drilled hole for the light that he uses, so I'm going to buy one of those license plate bolt lights and put it there, I think it'll look really good. Right now I'm ridin' dirty, but I don't ride much at night so I'll get by for a little while.

Just letting you know, if you go bare bones you'll have a little extra work on your hands. Overall, it's still way better than the stock rear fender.

Roaddawg

This is what I used for my license plate light. I know the chrome is a little to shiny, but they do come in black as well. I'm real happy with this setup, because not only does it light the plate up good, but it shoots a glowing bluish/white tinted light down onto my tire and ground, giving me a little more rear visibility. I'm all about NOT getting rear-ended, since I ride a lot in the dark commuting during the winter months. I was planning on doing the bolt lights but didn't like the cheesy looking setup.

Detrich

Competition werks' fender eliminator kit looks really cool...