Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator

M

M3Sharif

Competition Werkes has finally released a fender eliminator for the FZ6R.

Check it out Competition Werkes

I think I like this one a little more than the EVOTECH offering.

cbzdel

Looks nice, I think I like it better as well! I would like to see the product uninstalled before ordering though.

M

M3Sharif

Ya I agree. I searched around, most of their products for different bikes look very similar. Just stainless steel stamped plates and brackets. Turn signals look fairly basic as well.

I just don't like how the EVOTECH eliminator sticks farther out and how wide it is compared to the Werkes one.

I've also read some install complaints on other sites as I've researched it a bit more.

cbzdel

IMO the EVOTECH is not much better than the stock fender because its still so large, I really like the Werkes because it really tucks up in there :thumbup:

I sent them an email asking for additional pics and/or a pdf of directions, we shall see if they respond..

cbzdel

Here we go....

I dont really like the big open area above the license plate, but it does look nice! The EVOTECH does do a good job at filling that in..

MNDZA

Wow that truly eliminates everything! The only thing I don't like about it is how sharp the angle of the license plate is....looks kinda weird.

K2jer

I don't know if my bike is different because I'm in canada but that plug they talk about there doesn't exist

they also copied my design haha

M

M3Sharif

Is that an open area or is it just a reflection off of the aluminum baseplate that's bolted onto the bike????? :confused:

Hard to tell.

cbzdel

Just ordered the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator from fatbikez.com, it was $122 and qualified for free shipping, plus I googled around for coupon codes and got for a $10 off your order code 10off

Total shipped to my door, $112, I think I am happy with that price...

M

M3Sharif

Cool thanks for the tip. I was in touch with them this morning about nixing the turn signals (I had my eye on some nice LED diamond shaped ones from Ezeran). They said no problem and they'd knock off $15 off the price.

Your deal is pretty sweet. Might get it see how it looks then decide if I want those LED turn signals to match my flushmount front blinkers.

cbzdel

Cool thanks for the tip. I was in touch with them this morning about nixing the turn signals (I had my eye on some nice LED diamond shaped ones from Ezeran). They said no problem and they'd knock off $15 off the price.

Your deal is pretty sweet. Might get it see how it looks then decide if I want those LED turn signals to match my flushmount front blinkers.
I just want whatever, then once an integrated tail light comes out I will chop off the rear signals...

I am still shopping for front flush mounts, but I have yet to find a set that looks nice to me, I tried the smoked Hotbodies but they did not match our fairings very well..

xplodnstar

Pics, please. I think you're the first one to do smoke.

xplodnstar

Nice! They don't detract from the bike at all, very subtle.

WOW I need those flush mount turn signals, so when I drop my bike they wont hit the ground like the big factory ones. LOL!!!!

cbzdel

I got mine today but cant install it until I get the license plate light that they shorted me!! I have to say this thing does not look like its worth $100+

uscgduncan

I'm gonna fab up a FE Sunday at my shop that will mount up to the factory location. It's a one piece that should address the "gap" issue on the comp werks and the length issue on the evotech. I'll get some pics out Monday afternoon. Maybe I can hook you guys up if it works out and everyone likes it.

fz6r rider

Why spend $100+ when you can fab a bracket from home depot and mount the plate back towards the suspension and put flush mounts in the holes from the original bracket total cost about $45