Colored Chain from EK

ME_with_a_B

So... I think I may have finally found the mod of all mod's for my FZ6R... and to quote the EK rep directly, it's a "glittery Barbie pink" chain. :cheer: :p :rockon: :cheer: :steve:

But I don't know anything about chains. My main concern is that, well, I understand that the chain on a bike is a pretty darn important part -- seeing as how if it breaks or is faulty -- I could have real big problems to say the least...

I'm not taking my bike on the track, I'm not racing it in the twisties at 100+ mph, I really just ride a fairly calm ride (ok, most of the time). Will I be ok with this chain if I get one and install it on my bike?

Here's pictures of Kane Friesen's bike with the said pink chain. Laugh all you want - but I think its pretty rad. (and how many bikes do you really see rollin' down the street with a pink chain??!!)

View attachment 19271 View attachment 19272 View attachment 19273 View attachment 19274 View attachment 19275

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That is pretty hott!! I know that there is another member on here rocking a colored chain, blue to be exact. As long as you get the right size for the bike, there won't be any trouble.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Ah!!! What are you, a girl??? Oh, wait... haha Yeah its cool! I so go for it! :D

Heineken

Elite Member

vitrox

there are plenty of options out there for chains, dunno bout pink.. but make sure you get a rivet style master link. The clip style just doesn't work great on road bikes.

Spunky99

Now what?

A Hello Kitty FZ6R?

Don't get me started

ME_with_a_B

I can hear it now... "Oh, honey, that would match my jacket":justkidding:
Oh my gawd it will TOTALLY match my jacket!! AND my helmet!! :p

The riding group I'm in might see that pink chain as a prank opportunity, and I don't want to leave my bike outside, have lunch and then, when ready to take off notice a pink chain installed........I mean last time I took a leak at a gas station I got a nice sticker...
Awww we would never do that to you... :shakehead: :don'tknow: :sinister:

View attachment 19299 View attachment 19300

It was a nice sticker though!! It matched your pink bike perfectly!! Oh......... my offer still stands on the left over pink reflective rim-striping tape -- you're welcome to use it on your Givi saddlebags if you want to :p

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ME_with_a_B

^^^ It was while we were doing our Iron Butt challenge -- he rode a few hundred miles before he saw it (maybe 3 stops for gas later?) -- and then peeled it off while we were stuck at a gas station because of rain. :rof:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Fulkon

This thread just made my wife go nuts, dang it...She just said "ooh the sparkly barbie pink chain will match my jacket and helmet. So now she wants to see pictures of your jacket, helmet and see if they're like hers, and is telling me that I should get the pink chain for my bike.