cold start problems at 50F, starts fine at 60F

Rennpappe

Hi everyone,

my 2009 FZ6R (Ca-model) does not start every time it cools to 50F or below ( = early morning). It is not the battery: It is turning over just normal, but simply doesn't start. Once it gets warmer (60F or above, like 10.30am) it starts instantly.

Is there a temperature sensor that failed and the injection mix isn't adjusted to the cold temperature?

If so, then: How does that sensor look, where is it located, how can I check it before buying the replacement - and where can I get a replacement? (I am not to much of en expert when it comes to fixing my bike...)

Cheers,
Axel

I have a similar issue, but with warmer temps. I have to give the bike a little twist on the throttle when starting when temps are above 80 degrees. Not too big of a deal but, still noticeable.

knightmare

Ya ur bike is saying it's to cold.... So cal really doesn't have that problem... But I have the same problem as urbanduckman....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latony007

Ya ur bike is saying it's to cold.... So cal really doesn't have that problem... But I have the same problem as urbanduckman....

hmm, i dont have that issues with the heat. you would think that 50 degrees wouldnt be cold enough to do anything either, strange.

knightmare

Maybe needs a good tune up.... I know I need one....

SurfJunkie

mine does the same.

EG: if i ride for 45 mins, shut the bike off for 30 mins, then come back out and try to fire it up, sometimes it will just crank and not fire up. A little twist while trying to start it fixes it.

This also doesnt happen every time, but once in awhile.

Try a lil twist of the wrist when holding the ignition button.

RooKie

I had the same problem with the bike not starting at 50F. I would get a "turn, no-start", and could only get it going by opening the throttle while holding the ignition.

Turns out that it was a battery problem. I checked the charge and it was close to 13v (which is good), but it would dip below 10v when using a load-tester. That means that even through it was charged all the way, it was not able to provide enough power to start the engine.

If your battery is more than 2 years old, you should have it tested just to be sure it's nothing else on the bike. Taking out the battery is simple and testing it is free, so you don't lose much time by troubleshooting it.

The bike now starts with no problem and even feels more responsive!

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member