Centerstand (SW-Motech) and racks for Givi hard cases

FZ6Rmibmo

This afternoon I ordered an SW-Motech centerstand and rear rack for a Givi top case from TwistedThrottle, in case anyone else might be interested. The centerstand is back ordered and won't be in for 4 to 6 weeks.

SW-MOTECH Motorradtechnik - Spezialkonstruktionen - Motorradzubehör

For my motorcycle

The stock on the racks is also apparently very low, but I was just glad to see that these items are now available in the U.S. Well, will be available shortly. The PLX side case racks can also be ordered from TwistedThrottle. Here's the info from one of their sales reps:

Yes, we are able to get these parts for you. Below I have listed the part number, the price and the availability (if ordered this week):

SKU * Our Retail * Availability to ship if SO placed this week

HPS.06.656.10000/B $144.99 late Oct / early Nov

Givi FZ364 $135.90 1 in stock

Givi PLXR364 $206.10 sometime in Sept

You are not required to order this week, just be aware that the delivery dates will change. We will be able to give you up to date delivery dates whenever you place your order.

SW-MOTECH centerstand for Yamaha FZ6R ('09-) and XJ6 Diversion ('09-) - part no. HPS.06.656.10000/B
Givi PLXRapid sidecarriers for Yamaha FZ6R ('09-) and XJ6 Diversion ('09-) - part no. Givi PLXR364
Givi Specific Monorack arms - part no. Givi FZ364

UNQUOTE

I also ordered a Givi Monokey top case from sporttour.com (better price than at twistedthrottle).

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with any of these companies. Just passing along info. Also, I'm not absolutely sure that these items will fit the FZ6R. I believe they will, but I won't know for sure until I install them.

cbzdel

looks good! I am not sure if anyone has put on a centerstand yet.. like to see how this turns out..

Sara'sFZ6R

i'd also like to see pics of the givi bags. good work finding this i went on this site earlier in the week and wasn't sure if this centerstand would fit and the cost etc. thanks for doing the leg work.

FZ6Rmibmo

I recently installed the Givi 364FZ M5 top case rack and an E460 Monokey top case. Installation of the rack required removal of the two seats, the grab rail, and both rear side cowls. Overall it was not hard. If you can operate a socket wrench and you know how those little plastic clip things work, you can do it. There was no cutting or drilling required, although I had to put a bit of force on one side of the support bracket to get two holes to line up for one of the screws. Overall I'd call it a quality piece. The max weight capacity is stated as 13 lbs.

There are several different size sockets required and a couple of open- or box-end wrenches (all metric, of course). On the hex bolts, I use hex-ended sockets rather than the L-shaped hex wrenches, which makes the job easier and faster. I would say that a torque wrench isn't required, but recommended. The service manual has torque values; they're not in the rack instructions.

The top case just pops on and off the rack easily. This E460 isn't quite as nice physically or as slick looking as the V46 that I had on my last bike, but it's about $50 cheaper and the capacity is supposedly the same.

Overall, I'm very pleased. The stuff ain't cheap ($136 for the rack and $208 for the case), but I tire quickly of wearing a backpack and soft luggage doesn't give quite the same level of quality, security and convenience. I'm not planning to get side cases at this time.

fz6rwolf

Good looking set-up and looks like will hold alot. I need something just like that but would opt for passenger backrest too (she doesn't feel real comfortable without something behind her).

Sara'sFZ6R

Center stand

FZ6Rmibmo,

Did you get the center stand? If so, can you post picks of that also. I am pretty sure I will buy it, I just want to see how it looks and works to see if it will be what I need. Also, how did you go about ordering it from the site? Email, phone, etc.?

Sara

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FZ6Rmibmo

To Sara - I have not yet received the centerstand from TwistedThrottle. They were zero stock on the item. I was told that it could be another 1 to 2 months before I get it. To place the order, I called the phone number listed on their web site. I was informed in an e-mail message that I could also order the parts online, but I couldn't see a way to do that since the parts were not listed on their web site.

To dart1963 - Regarding any effects on the handling of the bike, when the case is empty, I barely feel it back there. I haven't loaded it up with heavy gear and headed for the twisties, but I suspect it might slow the side-to-side quickness of the bike a bit. I haven't noticed any issues at all with regard to aerodynamics.

One thing I will mention is that it bounces a little bit from road bumps, ripples in the pavement, etc. This is probably to be expected given that the case is cantilevered out quite a ways on its rails. The bouncing/jiggling is more pronounced around town than on the freeway where it tends to stay fairly still. I haven't yet taken my wife for a ride to check the case from that perspective.

To calltrex - Some photos below of full-face helmets. Two open face might fit. With one helmet, there is still some room left over, though not a lot ... enough for a pair of shoes and a pair of gloves, maybe (not counting the space inside the helmet). I definitely use the case to hold my helmet when I run into a store or such. A 46-liter top case looks kind of big on the outside and it does hold a lot relative to many other motorcycle bags and cases, but it's not enormous on the inside.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You may actually find that flicking the bike side-to-side will be easier with the hard case. This is because the center of gravity is up high, therefore it will be more prone to leaning.

Thanks for making the effort to post pics. I will buy givi system but haven't set my mind on the case yet. I'm leaning towards the suitcase style.

calltrex

Thats bigger then i thought it was. Its cool but I just dont think id like the look of my bike with that big thing hanging off the back of it..

Heineken

Elite Member
Last edited: