Cee Baileys 18" windshield

daddyrack

Premium Member

roadrat

Didn't think I'd ever like the clear aftermarket screen but it looks great! Let us know how you like the performance!

daddyrack

Premium Member

FitZ6R

How long did it take you guys to get the Cee Bailey screen? Their site says 9-14 working days for custom production. I'd like to have if for a trip in 3 weeks, so that's cutting it close.

daddyrack

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Buffalo,

That tinted one looks great with the lines and color of your bike. Seems to flow good with the fairing and all. I think I may be ordering one up here soon after I hear a few more reviews from you guys. Thanks. :thumbup:

daddyrack

Premium Member

daddyrack

Premium Member
I really like the 18" windscreen. I'm 5ft 10" and the wind is not completely eliminated in the standard riding position and the screen does not block any view while in the upright position. If needed you can go into a semi tuck position and be completely protected behind the screen. I may not change back to the double bubble or stock screen. With the yamaha screen I would need to put my helmet near the gas tank to be out of the bugs and riding was more awkward.

My only though was if the cee bailey screen was 1" taller it might be better for my needs and height.

I also think that the 18" doesn't look hideous (I.e. Too tall) like some of the other screens and looking at it in person It seems to flow with the design of the bike (makes the mirrors look normal or smaller).

I would recommend this screen and would buy again from this company.

My 2 cents.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Update.

I did some higher speed testing today and I notice that the front handlebars wobble or vibrate a little. It wasn't very excessive but noticeable and it is not windy outside.

The bike also seems to accelerate faster. Maybe it's in my mind because there is less wind on my chest.

Lots of bugs when the sun was going down so being behind the screen came in handy and
P the ride was still comfortable.

After today I'm going to keep the shorter screen and put it back during the hot summer season.

At normal highway speeds I didn't notice and wobbling.

FitZ6R

Received and installed my Cee Bailey 18" screen on Thursday evening and rode about 500 miles up to NH and then down to CT on Friday & Saturday. Yeah, I know you should always test new gear before a long trip, but it worked out well.

The wind protection is probably about as good as it's going to get on this bike. I'm 5' 7", and the major air stream hits me right at visor level. By tucking slightly, I could get completely in the quiet air pocket.

The best semi-quantitative description I can give is that there was hardly any noticeable difference over the 60-85 (actual) MPH range. With the stock and double bubble screens, I could always feel the wind starting to beat me up in the 70s and above.

Some minor downsides: The top of the screen does vibrate at highways speeds. The mounting points are secure, but the plastic flexes enough to allow wobble, and the screen is getting scratched where it contacts the "horns" sticking up at the sides of the headlight. Also, I think I noticed more sensitivity to semi truck turbulence.

One the whole, I’m about 90% satisfied with the Cee Bailey’s performance, and I think it’s a very worthwhile upgrade for longer trips and cooler weather riding.

OffTheClock

The windscreen that is the "ultimate" for cruising is the Marthy 22". I have had mine for several months and have done around 5000 miles commuting with this screen and can honestly say that I have ZERO wind issues whatsoever. Whether crusing at 65 or 95, its incredible.
I'm 5'11" and have no problem at all. I am 110% (if there isw such a thing) satisfied with this windscreen and would recommend it to anyone who commutes or uses there bike for touring

I notice some air coming from the bottom sides where it tapers in.

The puig touring screen doesn't have the narrow bottom and maybe slightly wider at the top.

From the forums people seemed to have problems ordering and wrong figment with the puig screen.

If availability was the same I would give edge to the puig screen in compared to cee Bailey.

pgyammy

I bought the 18" and don't really like it. Immediately after installation I felt there was more wind noise. I normally only use the ear plugs when I'm on the highway and am now wearing them full time. Now that it is cold, I really feel the cold come under my full faced helmet. I've got a beleclave and have ordered a neck warmer but think in the off season, I will be putting my stock windshield back on. I'm almost thinking a taller screen would work better for me.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member