Cabin Fever

sammy56

Never mind not being able to ride due to freezing temps, snow, sleet and ice....the city of Atlanta is basically shut down. Not that the city should invest in equipment to clear the city of snow and ice for a once in 12 year occurance, but this is funny! It was fun for a couple of days, but the kids are getting harder to entertain. Ventured out today, but the issue was getting back into my subdivision that has a massive hill...full of ice.
I cleared a patch of road in front of my house so I can stop, but I am basically the only one. Ice should melt on Saturday....I hope to stay sane until then.

LB

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Once every 12 years would be a blessing. Here in NH, it CAN be once every 12 hours for about 4 months of the year. :( We've got over 14" today. Still had to snow blow and get to work on time. But, of course, the state is well equipped for it. There's no way to justify it in the deep south as you stated. Enjoy the time off!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

sammy56

Killin' me....................
Too nice by you, enjoy it!

JonKerr

Elite Member

arkkornkid

I work for a railroad contractor at the NS railroad in Memphis, and our traffic comes through Atlanta.... needless to say we haven't had any work for the last couple of days and it's going to be a nightmare weekend.

:D I feel lucky to be currently in Oakland, CA for the startup of a new ramp of ours.

Detrich

what's with today's sudden heat wave in So Cal?

i wore a scarf and a jacket, and i've been sweating like mad since getting back from walking around outside for lunch... =P_

sammy56

Oh yah, well, at least......the ice melted some today! It was 32 F.
All of metro Atlanta had school cancelled for the entire week, unreal. My kids enjoyed it though. I have lived here for over 15 years and this is the first time there is salt on my car. Looking forward to some southern weather soon.

Roaddawg

I work for a railroad contractor at the NS railroad in Memphis, and our traffic comes through Atlanta.... needless to say we haven't had any work for the last couple of days and it's going to be a nightmare weekend.

:D I feel lucky to be currently in Oakland, CA for the startup of a new ramp of ours.
I live in Napa and work in San Francisco and, what's funny...it's been 10-15 degrees colder here in the Bay Area than the normal average temps usually are. Aside from the little bit of rain today, its going to be nice here this weekend.

k6gad

Never mind not being able to ride due to freezing temps, snow, sleet and ice....the city of Atlanta is basically shut down. Not that the city should invest in equipment to clear the city of snow and ice for a once in 12 year occurance, but this is funny! It was fun for a couple of days, but the kids are getting harder to entertain. Ventured out today, but the issue was getting back into my subdivision that has a massive hill...full of ice.
I cleared a patch of road in front of my house so I can stop, but I am basically the only one. Ice should melt on Saturday....I hope to stay sane until then.

LB
Sounds like PMS.....Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. LOL Sorry to hear about the ice!

sammy56

All this "reflection" on my bike in the "touring?" thread is killing me and making me want to ride even more!!
But at least the wife and I are going the Falcons game Saturday night! Beat those Packers!!!!!!!!

Detrich

Go STEELERS!! ^_^