Buzzing Noise Driving Me Insane!

Top1Dog525

I have a slight rattling/buzzing sound coming from the plastic that wraps around above the left and right fairings (below is a pic). It happens mostly on the left one but occasionally will do it on the right. It sounds like plastic vibrating, but Ive taken them of reseated them, and made sure all the bolts we tightened... but it still does it. Any ideas on how I can fix it.

PS. I know it is coming from the highlighted areas below because when riding down the road and it buzzing I can lightly push on it and it will quit. Also, it doesnt do it when im at high speeds, but when i start slowing down it will start, and then stop again when I reach near 0 mph.

fz6rwolf

I have the same on the left side and can't seem to fix it either.:confused:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of people have heard the buzzing. Most of them reported that the problem was actually the windscreen was loose. Try tightening the bolts around the windscreen and see if that helps. You may even want to replace the plastic screws with metal ones.

cbzdel

same problem here as well, i ripped it apart a few times and found nothing.. still does it :mad:

JSP

Super Moderator
See where the "horns" are coming up where the windshield attaches? Thats where mine was doing it. I separated the two plastic pieces and put some black foam in it. Just enough to keep some pressure on it. Stopped it.

Top1Dog525

See where the "horns" are coming up where the windshield attaches? Thats where mine was doing it. I separated the two plastic pieces and put some black foam in it. Just enough to keep some pressure on it. Stopped it.
Well, im kinda glad that im not the only one with this problem lol. I will definitely try putting some kinda foam or cloth on it and see if that helps. Thanks for the advice.

Top1Dog525

same problem here as well, i ripped it apart a few times and found nothing.. still does it :mad:
Yea, I know what you mean. I must have taken mine apart a half dozen times and found nothing. If I EVER find a solution ill definitely let everyone know, this is gonna be my little project for the next few days... wish me luck:thumbup:

stuna

i have been working on cars for many of years . when they have a prob. like this they hang weights off of things to get rid of harmonic noises . a buzz or noise caused by vibration at a certain frequency
ever notice a chamber off a intake on a car ? like a extra box , there for intake noise at a certain frequency ,its there to cancel it out . there called a quarter wave camber . my snowmobile has one on the exhaust , looks like a handle. vibes can cause some weird noises . go for a ride in a car and OPEN ONLY A REAR WINDOW . HURTS HU ? then crack open a front one ..........

YamaDon

I have a slight rattling/buzzing sound coming from the plastic that wraps around above the left and right fairings (below is a pic). It happens mostly on the left one but occasionally will do it on the right. It sounds like plastic vibrating, but Ive taken them of reseated them, and made sure all the bolts we tightened... but it still does it. Any ideas on how I can fix it.

PS. I know it is coming from the highlighted areas below because when riding down the road and it buzzing I can lightly push on it and it will quit. Also, it doesnt do it when im at high speeds, but when i start slowing down it will start, and then stop again when I reach near 0 mph.

Had the same thing happen to mine, but was the upper piece around the cluster. Used some flocked (fuzzie) tape from a "sqeak and rattle kit" at the Ford dealership where I work. NOISE GONE.

BudweiserJason8

Ive been having this same problem! It drives me insane...

I noticed the buzzing/vibration around 3,000 RPM at idle and around 30MPH steady speed.

Ive replaced the plastic wind screen screws with aluminum spikes and have even put rubber grommets on each half of the aluminum spike which dramatically cut the noise down, but i have noticed it still buzzes a little from the entire bezel beneath the gauges, mainly from the small fasteners at the edges...

llervero

I guess is a common problem since mine has it too. I will definitely look into it this weekend and post results.

arcflash316

I also have the vibrations, I am SSSStillllLllllllll SSSSSHHHHHHaaakinggg!!!!!!!:iconbeer:
Hope I don't spill my beer:D

I just ignore the noise and focus on the cool sound my 2Bros gives off!!!!!!

JSP

Super Moderator
I just fixed mine!!! Took some liquid nails and put a glob in between that part... FIXED! Couldnt take it anymore. No more chirping :D I dont care if its permanent now. Cant tell any diff from the outside. Just basically glued those two pieces together.

This is what I glued together. Not the windshield, but the corner right there where the painted and the mat black come together. I spread it open and just put a glob in there. No more sound! Freakin finally!

Pic stolen from first page:

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah, I did the foam already and it just spread it apart nasty like and then still didnt work. This was some really really old glue which was almost dried out. So hopefully its not too bad down the road.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member