Buying a fz6r

drillgates

This dealer has a brand new white 2013 fz6r marked down to 5800 for the tag price which are normally 7700 msrp. But they want 7900 OTD, do I have any chance negotiating the freight/prep charges even tho the bike is already marked down? Could use some help, thanks.

blkbrd

Elite Member

drillgates

If it helps you I paid $7200 for the same bike last month.
Yeah that does help, I wonder if our different states has anything to do with it? I just don't know if I can argue on the price as it's already lowered a bit, but on the other hand over 2000 dollars in fees seems a bit excessive for a bike of that price. I haven't actually seen how much each individual fee is yet, but it's tax, freight, doc fees and licensing ect.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

yillbs

This dealer has a brand new white 2013 fz6r marked down to 5800 for the tag price which are normally 7700 msrp. But they want 7900 OTD, do I have any chance negotiating the freight/prep charges even tho the bike is already marked down? Could use some help, thanks.

Tell them to shove it and walk out. You can get a bike at msrp for cheaper than that otd. If it's msrp at 5800 I wouldn't pay more than 7k and even then that's a bit high IMO

Last edited:

yillbs

Choice

Yeah your right hopefully they'll drop it a bit.
Don't give them a choice. You must actually be prepared to walk away. Offer 7k and if they say no. Say thanks and walk away. Then go find a better deal. Then take the bike you got a better deals on back to that shitty overpriced dealership for all of your service so they can see your bike you did not purchase from them :)

jarshie

Just bought a 13 in Jan, cost me almost 7500 out the door. Was around 67-6800 before charges/taxes/etc.. Ask him to disclose exactly what was in the price hike. Mine flipped the computer around and shown me the complete breakdown of the build, freight, state inspection, etc

Fizzer6R

buy used, plenty of low mile good deals around, save a couple grand, then you have $ for mods, gear, insure. etc.

if you want to take the new depreciation $ hit, are you already pre-approved for financing through the dealership or bank?

like said, you have to say no I can get a better deal elsewhere to any initial number they give, or they're gonna try to take advantage of you. concentrate on the OTD #, heck they can charge 3000. for bs fees, long as the total price is right. but yeah you can use the 2000. # asking why is it so much when other dealers are only 500-1000 over the sale price.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

you can get em down on those BS fees. Everything but tax and license. I paid 6300 for mine and tax/lic/reg came out to about 700, but im in CA the capital of tax.

drillgates

Thank you for all the help everyone, they do have me pre aproved for financing but if they do not get rid of some of the fee's I'm just going to walk.

Chuck12

New 2013 For $5,500

Sorry I could make a reply sooner. Power Motor Sports, in Sublimity, Oregon is selling a "new" 2013 FZ6R for approximately $5,500 or a little less. They are a Yamaha Dealer. Call them and check it out.

I purchase a new 2012 with 6 miles on it two months ago for $4,999.00. out the door. Remember Oregon have no Sale Tax.

Ask for Andy. Tell him Chuck in Salem who bought the 2012 from him referred you.

Hope you save a bundle!

:)

Last edited:

drillgates

Sorry I could make a reply sooner. Power Motor Sports, in Sublimity, Oregon is selling a "new" 2013 FZ6R for approximately $5,500 or a little less. They are a Yamaha Dealer. Call them and check it out.

I purchase a new 2012 with 6 miles on it two months ago for $4,999.00. out the door. Remember Oregon have no Sale Tax.

Ask for Andy. Tell him Chuck in Salem who bought the 2012 from him referred you.

Hope you save a bundle!

:)
Damn, I bit the bullet on the fz6r for 7200, I probably could have gotten cheaper but i was just excited to ride again. and every ad I see for bikes in Oregon seem so cheap. I'm thinking whenever I make my next motor vehicle purchase I'm going to take the time to go drive down there. Thanks tho man.

yillbs

Damn, I bit the bullet on the fz6r for 7200, I probably could have gotten cheaper but i was just excited to ride again. and every ad I see for bikes in Oregon seem so cheap. I'm thinking whenever I make my next motor vehicle purchase I'm going to take the time to go drive down there. Thanks tho man.
7200 isn't THAT bad of a deal. Way better than the almost 8k you were about to go with. I still think that's a little high when it comes to OTD on a 5700 motorcycle, but hey, it's still not to shabby. Plus, that bike was a right now kinda thing. I know that feeling.

Did you pay cash? Finance ? What rate did you get? did you finance with yamaha?

drillgates

7200 isn't THAT bad of a deal. Way better than the almost 8k you were about to go with. I still think that's a little high when it comes to OTD on a 5700 motorcycle, but hey, it's still not to shabby. Plus, that bike was a right now kinda thing. I know that feeling.

Did you pay cash? Finance ? What rate did you get? did you finance with yamaha?
I financed through Yamaha with a 6.9%apr