Buying a used FZ6R on Craigslist, What to look for?

Sanfoor

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy my first bike, and after thorough research I found the FZ6R to be the most suitable one for me.

I did find a couple of ads on craigslist for 2009 FZ6Rs, however mechanically speaking, I have no clue what to look for, both bikes are around the 7000 miles.

Do people (noobs like me) usually take the bike for an inspection at a mechanic? test drive? I saw videos of buyers just listening to the engine on idle, is that enough?

If anyone is around minneapolis/minnesota would like tag on and help with my hunt for bikes, it would be Awesome!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

greginwisc

Watch for odd wear on tires, breaks ects. Also if any mods were done were they done well or half *** and do they have any oem parts that were removed?

When looking I always want to start the bike when it's cold and make sure to check it for leaks when fully warmed up.

These are very good rides so anything not right should be a red flag and there are bunches of them out there so be patient.

Good luck, riding weather is soon.:iconbeer:

Sanfoor

Unless the bike got layed down you should be fine. Those things are bullet proof! 7K miles... she's barely broken in. LOL

I put 55K of trouble free miles on mine. Like I said, do the maintenance and they will last forever... bullet proof! (Not deer proof as Dart find out... lol Sorry Dart)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Wow 55k, I didn't realize they lived that long, I'll ask about maintenance records, Thanks!

Sanfoor

Watch for odd wear on tires, breaks ects. Also if any mods were done were they done well or half *** and do they have any oem parts that were removed?

When looking I always want to start the bike when it's cold and make sure to check it for leaks when fully warmed up.

These are very good rides so anything not right should be a red flag and there are bunches of them out there so be patient.

Good luck, riding weather is soon.:iconbeer:
Good points, do you think there's no need for a test drive if it started up right away and didn't leak when warm, and the engine sounded okay?