Bridgestone Hypersport S20

CtrlAltDl

Well be sure to let us know what you think of them.

Since I created this thread I got to use some new PR2's on my R6 and I'd have to say I felt more confident than the old set of PR2's I had on my Interceptor.

I like both the S20 and PR2's, but I still feel the S20's are better bang for the buck.

FastFreddy

Bridgestone really needed to release this tyre. Their other tyres seemed either too hard or too soft.

I think that's what people are looking for "grippy enough" and "good mileage", not too steep, not too round, just right. Not too floppy, not too ridgid, no huge chunks of rubber clacking around on the edge getting hot, just right.

efforex

Looks like i am not going to be able to mount it till Monday so ill know then im going to scrub it in and take the bike out to Palomar mountain and give it a good test run :D

tlsollen

So i ended up commuting out my BT-023 with only 5k miles on it on the rear kinda disappointed but i am getting the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 160/60 17 mounted tomorrow or monday. I hope i can at least get 5k out of it and im anxious to see the grip on it over the bt023
Has anyone else run these tires with more than 5k miles? I need to replace mine and these are one of the ones that I am looking at... along with the BT-023 and the Dunlop Roadsmart II... I need something that sticks in tha rain and down to about 10 degrees but also would like close to 10k out of them... Does anyone have any suggestions?

CtrlAltDl

Has anyone else run these tires with more than 5k miles? I need to replace mine and these are one of the ones that I am looking at... along with the BT-023 and the Dunlop Roadsmart II... I need something that sticks in tha rain and down to about 10 degrees but also would like close to 10k out of them... Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have about 3K on my so far. I'd say they are half worn so far.

They've been working great lately in the heavy rains and freezing temps. :D

The only time I've broken them loose is on gravel and on black ice a couple times last week.

efforex

You wont get 10k out of the hypersports they are a sport tire. They are truley meant for street riding and couple of track days. I had 1k on mine when they started to strip in the middle and after a track day i wore the side walls enough to even them out.

RoadTrip

I finally put my first set of S20's on the gixxer today, the summary is they inspire confidence, hardly any break-in needed, and they don't go thru a long period of warm up like the BT-016's, they are essentially ready to rock from the start. I can't believe I was still goofing around with the 016's, when these have been available for about a year now.

EsrTek

Okay you all convinced me..ordered a set of S20's for my new 6r.
Already had the rear break loose twice on these 021's.
I commute short ride to work and like the faster warm up times of HS tires.

efforex

Okay you all convinced me..ordered a set of S20's for my new 6r.
Already had the rear break loose twice on these 021's.
I commute short ride to work and like the faster warm up times of HS tires.
I just bought some for my zx6r waiting to put them on and test them out.