Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Chucker

does anyone have braided steel brake lines on there fz6r? i was reading reviews on the fz6r and watching review videos and a few people had installed braided steel brake lines. are they hard to do your self? and are they worth getting?
I don't have them, but they're next on my list after suspension. After riding a R6, I feel a big difference in lever pull and firmness. For the price, I think they're worth it.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Briguy453

I put Goodrich SS brake lines on mine when I put the HH brake pads on. It was a big difference. The HH pads offered a lot more initial bite. The thing I got from the braided lines was better feel when more pressure is applied. I didn't realize that I could actually feel the expansion of the rubber lines. They felt squishy.
My question to John is: did you replace both the front and the rear lines? I personally never trailbrake with my rear, and the only time i really ever use my rear is if I need to slow down faster for a stoplight or stopsign. It locks up too fast, and unforgiving. Personally I'd love to do this, but only mess with the front. It'd be cheaper and more practical IMO. Comments on this?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Flipflash

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R