Bike won't start - Possible problem with starter?

vatsals

Hey everyone..this forum has been extremely helpful in helping me learn about my FZ6R, so I thought I'd ask this question to the knowledgeable community here:

Yesterday, I tried turning my 09 FZ6R on for a ride, but it wouldn't start. I've flipped on the red power switch but when I press the electric start nothing happens. The key is turned all the way in ignition mode and the turn signals are on (the headlight is not, however).

Anyone have a clue to what might be wrong and, if so, how to fix it? I don't know if it matters much, but the bike was outside the last week while I prepare to put it away for storage and we had a major rainfall here in NJ this past week (if anyone is around central NJ, they'll know about it). The temperatures have been fluctuating between 50 to 90 degrees throughout the day, so I thought the battery might be dead and hooked it up to a battery tender without avail. The bike has about 6,500 miles on it. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

CtrlAltDl

I've flipped on the red power switch but when I press the electric start nothing happens. The key is turned all the way in ignition mode and the turn signals are on (the headlight is not, however).
That switch should be pressed down towards you and the headlight doesn't come on until it is started.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member