bike shut-off

b6r

yesterday, my bike stalled/shut-off while I was clutching in from 2nd to 1st during a short around the block ride with my kid.
here's a short video clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfEKZqD9_2w
it seems to fire up and run no problem today, I've never encounter that problem in my ~8000km of ownership, what's going on?:confused:

xorbe

It didn't even want to start it looks like. He turned off then on, and it kicked right up. Faulty tilt safety switch? Juicebox / PCV?

Any luck?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

xorbe

What's clear though is that the bike was intentionally refusing to spark while spinning the starter. What triggers spark cut? Kickstand and clutch switches cut the starter. Tilt switch cuts spark. Right?

ksk operator 1

so i had almost the exact same thing happen to me last night, no video.

i was braking for a stop light. engaged the clutch to shift down. stopped bike died. clutch was still engaged like yours. switch to neutral. rolled to side of rode. tried to start nothing. turned off key reset electrics. bike starts right up.

no clue wtf that was. :eek:

b6r

totally forgot about this post.
yeah I have no idea what that was either and the bike runs fine since then so it might be one of those "problem" that show up once and never come back again...hopefully:p.