Bike for friend 4' 10" - Sugggestions??

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

the new ninja 250 lowered

She may not even need to lower it. Very light and flickable.

Or the honda 250 lowered

BoneJj

Or the honda 250 lowered
the older 500r might be an option but it may need to be lowered.

I think she's going to have an issue no matter what she gets with needing it lowered... My friend is 5'1" and got an older honda shadow ACE, they are cheap and 750cc but they have a good seat height. She may need to stick with a cruiser just so she can actually touch the ground.... lmao.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

BoneJj

Yes, I was thinking the same thing... something in the "crusier" class. And she may have to utilize one of those "roaring toyz" lowering links.
i think honda has has a non v-twin bike that might be a good choice for her.

the silver wing might be an option, it's a "scooter" but it's got a 582cc motor on it.

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

does she want a crusier or sportbike? other than ninja250 or 500, if you can find one suzuki made a bandit 400 that is very small

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Flipflash

Elite Member

Captcha

My sister is 5'0" tall and her first bike was an 80's Honda rebel 250. She still has it. There is a company out of Daytona fl that modifies bikes specifically for women. But she's gonna be out 10 grand minimum for one of those.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

FazerWest

the can am spyder .......lol
He said she wants a bike not a overpriced retirement gift!! I vote for the rebel or if she has money the harley sportster has the lowest seat height ever! Sportsbikes are tough bet for a shorter woman most are over 32" seat height minus the 6r so if she wanted one she would need to lower it.....a lot or maybe get some bombshell riding boots to hike her up a few inches?

Detrich

i have a friend who is around that height.. she ended up getting a Ninja 250 and had it lowered with lowering links. No problem at all... :)

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Spunky99

Queen

Or the honda 250 lowered
The ninja is a great choice. My SO is 5' and has been riding since the 80's the biggest issue isn't always seat height, but reach to the bars. We sold her Guzzi when we sold mine last Fall and picked up the 250 Ninja for her yesterday. I rode it a bit and that thing is FUN!!

The new CBR20R from Honda can only be lowered 2" and you have to buy the $300 kit out of Oz.

I don't think it matters to her, whether it's a cruiser or sportbike, just as long as she can touch the ground.
The Suzuki Savage (now called C40 I think) is a 650 single that is light as hell. If she is interested in a cruiser, it's a very good choice. The Rebel, while low and light, is really hard to travel on (if that's in her plan at all).