Best Tank Bag?

BluePill

I want to buy a tank bag. I am thinking magnetic would be best.

What say Y'all for fave style and brand?

Tx,

BP

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Not sure if this is available in the US MOTODRY TANK BAG NAVIGATOR
But it does carry ALOT of kit, but be separated into a small carry slip when you only need a few things

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

lizardsbba

I picked up a magnetic tank bag from one of my coworkers a while ago that worked well for me. Had enough room to take all the necessities for the daily at the office as well as a change of gym clothes. However after noticing a crack in the paint on my tank from one of the magnets I decided I wanted a bag that didn't actually touch the tank. I ended up on a Givi XS307 and love it. It doesn't hold as much as my other magnetic bag but it can still fit my 13" macbook, a change of clothes, some sandals and other small items. They do include a large bag that clips onto it for tablets and such but I've never used it. But it also doesn't make any contact with the paint and securely mounts perfectly every time.

Fraze

Last edited:

tho9504

How well does the magnetic bags hold up during highway riding or bumpy roads? I wanted to get a magnetic bag with the clear case in front for my gps and to carry small stuff like bottle water, food etc. But i am afraid if i hit a bump at higher speeds, the bag might fly off. Have any of you with magnetic bags experienced the bag falling / slipping off the tank?

Fraze

How well does the magnetic bags hold up during highway riding or bumpy roads? I wanted to get a magnetic bag with the clear case in front for my gps and to carry small stuff like bottle water, food etc. But i am afraid if i hit a bump at higher speeds, the bag might fly off. Have any of you with magnetic bags experienced the bag falling / slipping off the tank?
I use my magnetic tank bag 2-3 times a week when I commute, and I've used it on several 2-4 day trips, from hwy to side roads and even some gravel roads. I have never once had an issue. It doesn't even move.

mzzgaby

BILT Mini Tank Bag

I got the BILT Mini Tank expandable bag from Cycle Gear. I keep my EZpass, water bottle, small can of pringles, tire gauge, backup fuses along with my solar-powered external battery to charge my phone (which I use with my Cardo Scala Rider G9 for music, GPS, and sometimes phone calls), reflective vest for night time, and when expanded, an extra change of clothes for work. $30 well spent, in my opinion.

The magnets are pretty strong -- I've gone on short rides and day-long rides without any issues with it slipping or being in my way.

BluePill

Thanks to everyone for their input. I went with the Cortech 10 liter bag. I will post a photo of it on the bike when I mount it. I intend to put some plastic sheeting or tape between the bag and the tank to avoid any scratches.

mzzgaby

Thanks for starting this thread, BluePill! I was actually in the market for a tank bag for my bf...I didn't know they had ones that converted to backpacks. That alone has made those styles the top of my list!

Bert-Aus

... I intend to put some plastic sheeting or tape between the bag and the tank to avoid any scratches....
DON'T PUT PLASTIC FILM BETWEEN YOUR MAGNETIC TANK BAG!!!
Sorry for yelling but that will compound the likelihood of scratches occuring.

I have used my magnetic tank bag for years and not ever had an issue with scratches.
Even riding across the Hay Plain in Victoria at $1.80 I have had zero issues.

I had similar concerns with my xj6s when I first got my tank bag, for which I got a tank protector from The Tankslapper: Paint Protection -good price and did what it's meant too.
My SV1000S I have used my tank bag for 2 years and no issues

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk