Below 50

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bmw675

Under 50 is too cold for my t-shirt and flip flops....

:justkidding:

Seriously though, I think I heard after a certain speed, wind chill doesn't change. I'll ride down to 40 degrees and up to whatever I get.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Dustin600

I don't have a temperature cut off for riding. I ride year round. The only time I won't get on the bike is when its snowing. Having the right gear for colder temps makes a big difference. I've rode as cold as 17 and as hot as 105. So I guess I have an 88 degree range for my comfort zone.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

for me, riding is just like doing anything else, 60-80 please. sure i can try to endure 85-90 but id rather not get tired and make a critical mistake at triple digits :(

Dustin600

LOL! That's a hell of a range. I worry more about traction then just comfort when cold riding. Tires don't like to warm up. Definitely have to take it easy on corners.
Thats a good point. I haven't experienced anything yet that would change my opinion on cold weather riding. The stock tires seem to take the cold well.

for me, riding is just like doing anything else, 60-80 please. sure i can try to endure 85-90 but id rather not get tired and make a critical mistake at triple digits :(
Another good point. Having the right gear for whatever temperature you're riding in will help you focus on the road, instead of your discomfort.

JonKerr

Elite Member

tlsollen

I don't have a temperature cut off for riding. I ride year round. The only time I won't get on the bike is when its snowing. Having the right gear for colder temps makes a big difference. I've rode as cold as 17 and as hot as 105. So I guess I have an 88 degree range for my comfort zone.
I too ride year round as my bike is my only vehicle... think my record was 9 degrees this winter :/ Haven't had to much problem with traction as my route to work is highway the whole way, but still gotta keep it in the back of your head. The stock Dunlops and my current BT023's both seem to perform fairly well in sub-freezing temps. I will still say though that unlike the OP, 50 degrees is about my lowest comfort level to consider it enjoyable, anything lower than that is still enjoyable to a certain extent but I keep my joy-riding to a minimum lol :)

RoadTrip

I am must confess to have become a temperature baby, between 65 and 75 is so sweet, I can ride all day in those temps, never feeling hot nor cold.

But, I ride pretty much every week, I simply adjust to the temps and ride later in the day on cold ones, and earlier on hot ones. Below 50, that's like a blizzard for Texans, my finger tips eventually freeze

EsrTek

Proper gear makes all the difference...
Prior to getting my winter gear this year, I would try to not go below 45 (50+ if I could really help it).
Now w the new boots and the new 1 piece I'm good for year round in my parts.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

fredrod

Year round.

I ride year round. unless there is heavy rain or ice .here in oklahoma that is about 10 days a year. LOL