Bell Star helmet

KenS

Tried all of the premium helmets (Arai, Shoei, etc.) ... the Bell Star did it for me. Absolutely most comfortable, great air flow, super stable at speed, just an overall heck of a helmet.

Spunky99

When I saw the title I thought of this one that I had back in the day.

Now it looks like a space helmet....

KenS

Wow, that's quite a bit different than today's :)

creggur

Tried all of the premium helmets (Arai, Shoei, etc.) ... the Bell Star did it for me. Absolutely most comfortable, great air flow, super stable at speed, just an overall heck of a helmet.
How's the wind noise at highway speeds? Is she as quiet as she is pretty?;)

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

KenS

I've done two rides so far and with all vents open it's a little noisy, but not much different than the EXO 700 I wear or my friend's Shoe RF1100 that I've tried. I wear ear plugs anyway so it's definitely a gentle whooshing noise at about 80/85. This one also has more sound insulation around the base of the helmet too with the chin skirt (best fitting one I've tried) and the padded neck roll.

The only difference between the 2010s and the 2009 models that I know of are two things: Snell M2010 rating (affects only the smaller helmets really and it's negligible) and the more accurate fitting of the helmets relative to your "normal" size. Meaning, I bought the 2009 model C-Note at $200 (still selling in stores for $599), but I normally wear a medium and in this model I bought one size down and it fits perfect, best of any helmet I've tried. The 2010 models are sized differently ... if you wear a medium, buy a medium.

bjs045

another thing to add about the bell helmets...

They also have self tinting visors. I would love that ability. I work shift rotations, so I ride in both day and night too and from work. I hate carrying my clear visor so I kinda just chance it riding with a tinted. =(

I have a RF1100 and I love that helmet. But like Jon, I have fogging issues too. I've tried on the Bells and they fit and feel extremely nice. I wish I waited a few months before I bought the Shoei.

I've heard mixed reviews about self tinting visors. Anyone have experience with?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

KenS

They also have self tinting visors. I would love that ability. I work shift rotations, so I ride in both day and night too and from work. I hate carrying my clear visor so I kinda just chance it riding with a tinted. =(

I have a RF1100 and I love that helmet. But like Jon, I have fogging issues too. I've tried on the Bells and they fit and feel extremely nice. I wish I waited a few months before I bought the Shoei.

I've heard mixed reviews about self tinting visors. Anyone have experience with?
My boss has the Bell Star Cerwinke model (black and white sharpie graphics, carbon fiber shell) and he has the auto-tinting visor. I can tell you it works great, even gets darker than my dark smoke visor that I wear all the time on my helmet. Pretty quick transition and very clear. I may get one myself, except I look at my perfectly good visor and figure I'll wait until it gets chipped and/or scratched before I get it :)

CrazyCawi

I cant get my tinted transition visor to fit right on my bell helmet

ajskillz13

if it's the new Transitions visor, it will fit on the Bell Vortex, Star and new RS-1. Not sure about any other models. Should just snap in place with the quick action system.

CrazyCawi

I have the rsd apocalypse vortex and the right hand side won't clip in straight so it doesn't shut tight :( I'm afraid of breaking it because the gears click so hard but the stock shield is so smooth so somethings not right. I just got it brand new in the mail last week I should have gottEn the bell star I may still exchange but o love the design on the helmet

ajskillz13

Try finding the spot where the left side clicks in and try to get the right in at the same angle. If it seems to engage correctly, but still doesn't line up, I would exchange whichever part seems defective.

I would suggest calling Bell Support first. Had to call them once about a speaker wiring question and they were super helpful and quick in responding.

1-800-456-BELL(2355)

jamewatson

Yeah i am totally agree with you, but did you have tried HJC helmet. I think it is best and popular brand in gears, because they are manufacturing a good quality products and its full face helmets are fabulous. I have an HJC full face helmet and I am happy with my helmet.