Be careful when using a torque wrench

MikeN02

As the title suggests, be careful when using a torque wrench! Just installed some sliders just now and the torque wrench slipped and I nicked myself in the face/near my eyebrow.

Left a nice Y cut there like how MMA or Boxers get cut. Hurt a little, was dazed then my dad put alcohol on it and a bandaid.

bmw675

been there. but, you need to come up with "cooler" story on how you got cut. :p im sure some guys on here can help you out with one.

MikeN02

been there. but, you need to come up with "cooler" story on how you got cut. :p im sure some guys on here can help you out with one.
Ouch, did it leave a scar?

And yeah I do need a new story instead of I was an idiot and slipped my hand cause I'm going over to a friends in a few.

bmw675

Ouch, did it leave a scar?

And yeah I do need a new story instead of I was an idiot and slipped my hand cause I'm going over to a friends in a few.
i actually smacked myself on the bridge of my nose trying to loosen a hydraulic hose fitting. it left a nice gash with a scab about 1/2" long for a nearly 3 months before it was completely gone.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Detrich

if anyone asks, u saw a hot chick getting harassed by some thug and got nicked on the eyebrow when he took a swing at you with a foreign object, upon which you kicked him in the nutts, rescued the girl, and lived happily ever after... lol xP

bmw675

if anyone asks, u saw a hot chick getting harassed by some thug and got nicked on the eyebrow when he took a swing at you with a torque wrench, upon which you kicked him in the nutts, rescued the girl, and lived happily ever after... lol xP

there, i fixed it for you :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Mike.. Lmao. Torque wrenches require leverage.. I mean, I know your Asian n all -.- but does your face have to be that close to what your doing?

Hehe jk becareful bro. Tools can hurt a lot more if not paying attention.
Lol well, I was installing my clutch sliders and well, I had it on one end holding one side of the sliders and then I was using a socket wrench on another. I looked over to see if the torque wrench was off cause it kept spinning, held it in place and it slipped and hit me in the face!

spider2k

Elite Member

stevet

Sorry you got hurt Mike. I was a mechanic for many years and had suffered many such cuts to different parts of the body. The big thing I learned about safety when using tools was this: When the direction of that force slips where is going to go? This simple little tip saved me countless times.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Heineken

Elite Member
Last edited:

MikeN02

Well let me know when you get bitch-slapped by a right-angle drill, while on a ladder 6 feet in the air, let me know how that feels :)) That torque wrench story will seem like kids play. And no, I wouldn't like to share how I know that :eek:.
Always know and handle properly any and all tools you use, just my 2 cents.
Yeah I know, but the majority of people will learn to use the tools themselves. Same as me, as in there isn't anyone to really show you the ropes or teach you.

FitZ6R

MikeN02

Ouch! That'll make a man outta ya. I guess antibotics are too wimpy for your dad.
Didn't sting as much as I thought it would. Just a quick little sting then it was gone.

Here's a pic.

So uh, should it be stitched? Don't really want to go to the hospital for this.

creggur

Didn't sting as much as I thought it would. Just a quick little sting then it was gone.

Here's a pic.

So uh, should it be stitched? Don't really want to go to the hospital for this.
Naa, should make a nice little battle-scar though.... Just keep it clean and slap some Neosporin or any Triple-Antibiotic ointment on it to keep it infection-free...

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've bitch-slapped myself somewhere with a tool... (Not the most handy guy - but I keep trying)...

stevet

Creggur it doesn't matter if you don't think you're the most handy guy. What matters is you get 5 stars for trying and never giving up.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member