Bar-End Mirrors, Flush Mount Signals and More

tnbouces

I just finished installing a few cosmetic/ergonomic mods for my 2009 blue fz6r. They are all fairly simple mods that make a huge difference on the look and feel of the bike.

CNC Bar End Mirror from rideitmoto (R6 mirror block-offs for the oem mirror slots)
Adjustable Brake and Clutch Levers
Proton Flush Mount Turn Signals
Blue aluminum foot pegs for rider
Wheel rim face-lift decals

photo.php

Attachments

• 267451_10150239047298801_512903800_7233726_7367497_n.jpg
    267451_10150239047298801_512903800_7233726_7367497_n.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 209
Nice!! quick question for ya I was looking into bar end mirrors, and it looks like our bar ends are one piece so i can just get a longer screw when installing, did you have to replace the bar ends or did you just make the grips shorter? thanks and the bike loooks gooood.

It does look good but how the function of the mirrors can u see well out of them?

Looks like you might have to shim the foot pegs, they seem to angle quite a bit in comparison to the shift lever. We wouldn't want your foot slipping off!

Bar-End Mirror

I just finished installing a few cosmetic/ergonomic mods for my 2009 blue fz6r. They are all fairly simple mods that make a huge difference on the look and feel of the bike.

CNC Bar End Mirror from rideitmoto (R6 mirror block-offs for the oem mirror slots)
Adjustable Brake and Clutch Levers
Proton Flush Mount Turn Signals
Blue aluminum foot pegs for rider
Wheel rim face-lift decals

photo.php

I just install my bar-end mirrors yesterday, I was just curious on how you installed yours? Neilg - I had that problem when I was installing mine the grips were too long and got in the way of the throttle ..... I spent 1/2 hour @ Home Depot trying to find some shims or spacers .... than it hit me :) why not use a copper pipe (1/2") .... I was able to use Home Depot's tools to cut to the size I need and it fit over the threads and worked as a spacer only cost me $.81 cents :D ... hope this helps.... I like the look they work well

Attachments

• IMG_20110711_202755.jpg
    IMG_20110711_202755.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20110711_202727.jpg
    IMG_20110711_202727.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20110711_202818.jpg
    IMG_20110711_202818.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20110711_202859.jpg
    IMG_20110711_202859.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 61
Bar end

Victor, how well do the mirrors work vs. the stock? And are the bar ends good and tight?

I like them a lot better than the stock ones, i always worry about the stock ones hitting car's mirrors..... I've read many thread here and many people have concerns about it being too low and taking your eyes off the road but I dont have that problem, I am 5'8" and they are perfect in my opinion. I like the look of not have big ass ears :) With the spacers on them, they install nice and tight... paid $12 for the mirrors from ebay shipping took a few days since the guy is in Hong Kong... Bar End Mirrors FOR Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R1 R6 R6S FZ1 | eBay
I havent taken the stock ones off yet, still trying to convince the wife it looks better even tho she dont drive it, if you know what I mean :) Hope this info helps.

Victor

thanks victor thats a really good idea. THe bar end mirrors are deff in my future now. Thanks again

neil

Mirrors and Pegs

I got my mirrors off Rideitmoto, and the kit comes with bar end replacements. Shims and spacers are part of the kit and they work wonderfully. the mirrors are nice and tight on the handlebars and i can see perfectly out of them.

One problem is that the mirrors do vibrate a little when you take your hand off the handlebars. Other than that, i'm very satisfied with them.

I'll end up getting shims for those foot pegs. they just look funk being on that weird angle. they are surprisingly grippy, so im not too worried about my feet sliding off.

Silly question for you, how'd you do the rims? I was thinking of doing the same but white... Where did you get it? Or is it paint?

They are decals. Just do a google, or eBay, search for "wheel stripe decal." They either come as long strips, sometimes with a guide to install them, or as four seperate decals per wheel in a quarter circle that will fit whatever diameter wheel you order. Then you just clean your wheel really good, with a final cleaning with rubbing alcohol, and put the stickers on. I've ordered some, but haven't put any on. From what I've read the long strip ones seem to take some practice to get the feel for putting them on right. I opted for the four piece ones.

Alright cool!! Thanks for the info brotha, I'll have to look into it more!

the decals look goooooood on the rims, but i wonder how they hold up against the elements? anyone else have them on their bikes for any amount of time? i just worry about rocks or whatever and having to redo it every month or something if the decal chips or starts to peel.

Id love to do that to mine though

Back