Bad News....

FZ6Rin321

Well i was turned down for the financing. so i guess its either wait until feb of next year or get a less expensive bike. so now my choices are ... 250 hyo/ 250 um/ 250 kawi/ 250 cbr ..... or theres a place in daytona beach that builds rat bikes for 2500... was going to see if they'd build a ducati monster type bike for me... other than that i have no idea. no money saved up.. nothing. only choice is to get a co signer on a new 250 or wait forever.. any tips? reviews of those bikes? Ugh.

RoadTrip

the saying goes: 'any two wheels' - my first bike was a $150, 1970's yamaha enduro 175, and it was fun as crap, and never broke down - just find a beater and work towards your dream bike down the road

Dimefan

Well i was turned down for the financing. so i guess its either wait until feb of next year or get a less expensive bike. so now my choices are ... 250 hyo/ 250 um/ 250 kawi/ 250 cbr ..... or theres a place in daytona beach that builds rat bikes for 2500... was going to see if they'd build a ducati monster type bike for me... other than that i have no idea. no money saved up.. nothing. only choice is to get a co signer on a new 250 or wait forever.. any tips? reviews of those bikes? Ugh.
There is a review on the Kawi, Honda, and Hyosung 250 in the May 2011 issue of SportRider magazine. Just from reading that I would look into buying something else- something used (and bigger.) It sounds like you would be bored really quick on a 250. I know I would!

diegoq26

i've ridden 250 kawis and 250 hondas. Personally, i prefer the cbr better. It seems a better bang for your buck, plus it holds its value better. In my opinion 250s are really fun to ride, and (if anything) by the time you'd out grown it, you would probably have enough money saved or a pre-approved credit to get a 600, and maybe you could even buy an even better bike than the fz6r.

Don't get me wrong, i love this bike, but if u can afford say a cbr600rr, a r6, or a ninja ZX6R, i would not think it twice. Plus, for next year, there's a new 600cc cbr coming if you like that kind of bikes :D.

That's just my opinion if your low on cash right now. :thumbup:

Cordoba78

Shitty :( Did your bank turn you down for a loan? Or a financing company? I was turned down from a financing company here, but my bank did my loan no problem (besides a little larger interest rate)

jlog65

There are a few larger options out there if $2500 is in your budget. Look into the suzuki GS500F. I currently have one and its loads of fun to drive and seems to hold its value pretty well. For for $2500 you could get a pretty nice used bike.

e.blackadder

There are a few larger options out there if $2500 is in your budget. Look into the suzuki GS500F. I currently have one and its loads of fun to drive and seems to hold its value pretty well. For for $2500 you could get a pretty nice used bike.
Absolutely. For $2500 you can find a pretty new EX-250 as they drop in value like a brick. And you won't have to go through its truly mindnumbing break-in period.

I actually liked my wife's EX-250. It looked sharp. Topped out around 85 MPH and felt somewhat insubstantial at that speed, but was absolute blast to ride (I switched from 600lb cruiser). You can push it to the limits. You can't beat 70 MPG.

If the seat wasn't making my butt numb after 30 minutes and if it didn't develop an oil leak after 1k miles, I'd probably still enjoy it.

CrazyCawi

Absolutely. For $2500 you can find a pretty new EX-250 as they drop in value like a brick. And you won't have to go through its truly mindnumbing break-in period.

I actually liked my wife's EX-250. It looked sharp. Topped out around 85 MPH and felt somewhat insubstantial at that speed, but was absolute blast to ride (I switched from 600lb cruiser). You can push it to the limits. You can't beat 70 MPG.

If the seat wasn't making my butt numb after 30 minutes and if it didn't develop an oil leak after 1k miles, I'd probably still enjoy it.
Around herea year old EX with 3-5k on them they sell for maybe $500 less than new...its rediculous.

XTRAWLD

I used to have a Ninja 250 for 3 years before getting on the 6R. It was a great learner bike. Confidence inspiring, maneuverable, fine it was small but it was perfect for me to start out on and didn't break the bank that badly. I rode it from Toronto to Lake George and through the Adirondacks, etc. She didn't let me down. Add a seat cushion for $10 and a different sprocket for better highway riding and she was good to go. They are EVERYWHERE and pricing for them is all over the map, so being able to pick one up should be a breeze.

However, if you really want a 6R what more motivation do you need to save up every penny you have? You'd be surprised that if you set a goal in mind to get something, and you do everything you can to save and put money towards it, when you buy it with your own money it is such an accomplishment. Write down your goal on a piece of paper and keep it in sight or with you, so if you are tempted to buy a chocolate bar - you are reminded to take that $1.50 and put it to your bike fund instead.

Superzoom

Although I've never ridden one, I would also suggest the Ninja 250. Fun, cheap, and it can go 100 mph. Plus, once you've saved up enough for your FZ6R, you can sell the Ninja for pretty much what you paid for it.

Spunky99

Here is a guy in your position last year.
I tore up all my credit cards 12 years ago and operate on cash, a debit card and Paypal. I paid off my truck in 2008 so they didn't consider that and I had no revolving credit. I had to take a loan from Dwight Financial. They charge high interest rates and are the worst in the business.
After the crash and the bike was totaled I got $198.00 as a settlement after Dwight made up all these BS claims for more of the settlement.
Plus I had to pay for full coverage insurance that didn't cover anything because the insurance companies want to total out a bike to offset the payout with an auction. AAA is no different..they talk nice but screw you just the same.
Screw that..never again.
I bought a $2,000.00 bike that needed some TLC and will have $500.00 into it in parts and alarm and stuff. The registration was late so I got dinged for $677.00 but I have full medical through my job and I'll only go with minimum insurance. The insurance companies sell you something they will never make good on so why pay it? Just save your money in case you need to replace the bike. In one year of saving you will have saved a lot more than any insurance company will pay you for a total loss.

Get a large CC beater and get it street worthy and have fun. Screw the loan and insurance companies as they just legally steal from you. Get the minimum legally required insurance because full coverage is BS on a bike.

That rat bike deal for $2500.00 sounds pretty cool. They probably get wrecks from auctions and fix em up. Salvage titles but who cares. If I wreck my bike and fix it myself no one will know and it's just the same as salvage but not reported to the DMV...and I have the original title.

Good luck and stay away from the 250's..you will hate it after a while being last man in the pack.

ChUcK

Good luck and stay away from the 250's..you will hate it after a while being last man in the pack.
Not a problem if you ride in your own pack. There's a lot of fun out there for 250's if you have the right frame of mind. Don't indulge yourself in SS desire or you'll never be satisfied with what you have.

There's a ton of different paths into riding, and I'm convinced that one of the best is taking a 250 Anything for a few thousand miles of hard knocks (but not too hard).

Spunky99

Not a problem if you ride in your own pack. There's a lot of fun out there for 250's if you have the right frame of mind. Don't indulge yourself in SS desire or you'll never be satisfied with what you have.

There's a ton of different paths into riding, and I'm convinced that one of the best is taking a 250 Anything for a few thousand miles of hard knocks (but not too hard).
I have to agree that ANY bike will do....as long as you are on the road it's all good.
I just haven't seen anything under 600cc in a sportbike here in So Ca except for one chick in Glendale whose BF has a 600RR.
Heck, I used to ride my YSR50 around town and to the beach last summer but it was crazy so low and slow off the line.

SAFE-T

You guys are in the middle of one of the greatest economic downturns in the past 70 yrs. and you can't find someone that has a non-essential recreational vehicle for cheap ?

I have seen posts on the GS500 forum about BRAND NEW '08 and '09 GS500F's for $3300.

My wife had an '07 - with a few small modifications it was as good at touring as my VFR800. It just didn't have as much giddy up.

FZ6Rin321

Well the thing is i have 0 in savings. hard to make my bills as is. i was planning on doing no down with 100-150 a month payment. that i could handle. so i either have to wait forever to save up or get a cosign that has better credit and qualifies for no down. i love your comments. very helpful and if i cant manage to get approved for 0 down i will make every effort to save and find a bike i can afford. i told myself last night i was quitting smoking and saving that towards a bike.

i'm exhausting all options i have right now to find a different bike in the same class as the 6r that is more affordable and maybe a different financing company that isnt as strict.

Spunky99

Well the thing is i have 0 in savings. hard to make my bills as is. i was planning on doing no down with 100-150 a month payment. that i could handle. so i either have to wait forever to save up or get a cosign that has better credit and qualifies for no down. i love your comments. very helpful and if i cant manage to get approved for 0 down i will make every effort to save and find a bike i can afford. i told myself last night i was quitting smoking and saving that towards a bike.

i'm exhausting all options i have right now to find a different bike in the same class as the 6r that is more affordable and maybe a different financing company that isnt as strict.
Sounds like a sweet deal to me in the financing. I paid $1200.00 down and had to pay $286.00 a month for a year before it was totaled.

bmw675

wait a sec. You say you have a hard time to pay your bills now, but can spend $150 more a month? If you are that stretched, maybe you should hold off on a new bike right now.

I'm all for people wanting to start riding, but I'd hate to see anyone dig themselves in a hole to do so.

but if your mind is already made, i'd be building my savings up. if you can afford 150/month, wait for the fall/winter deals and save that 150/month towards a down payment. GL!

Spunky99

wait a sec. You say you have a hard time to pay your bills now, but can spend $150 more a month? If you are that stretched, maybe you should hold off on a new bike right now.

I'm all for people wanting to start riding, but I'd hate to see anyone dig themselves in a hole to do so.

but if your mind is already made, i'd be building my savings up. if you can afford 150/month, wait for the fall/winter deals and save that 150/month towards a down payment. GL!
Don't forget about the full coverage insurance you will have to purchase as well....on top of the 150.00 a month bike payment.

FZ6Rin321

literally quitting smoking will pay for the bike/gas/insurance lol... cross your fingers again trying on a less expensive gt650r from hyosung

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member