Australian Hills - A Taste

poWKaw

I was a good boy in this video and kept to the speed limit so I'll happily share it, there's plenty more but it's not what i would call 'responsible' :p just a good insight to how lucky I am because like the roads in this video there's many many more around where I live! All only about 15 minutes away from my house!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVtBazIVEtU"]Montacute, Corkscrew & Gorge FZ6R 11' - YouTube[/ame]

Looks amazing, but I gotta admit at first I was like, OMG he is on the wrong side of the road. Then my caffeine kicked in and I realized you are in Australia. lol

kevin8198

Elite Member

poWKaw

hahaha, pin; cheers and yeah, just remember left is.. right! :p right is left just doesn't make sense? see, logical! haha

and cheers kev, indeed pendulum island, listening to the remix now sounds pretty wicked to be honest I love dubstep, got all of the UKF mixes.

Last edited:

kevin8198

Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

poWKaw

cheers Kev! I'll hook up my sound system and crank it tomorrow morning (don't think my housemates would appreciate dubstep at 1:45am! hahah, nothing wrong with some dirty dirty dub! I also love hardstyle which I've had up loud in my car where for a good 30 seconds it just repeats "d$%k in ya ass" regardless, wicked beat!

Jonkerr, understandable, I get that feeling when I watch guys fanging it on the RHS of the road hahah, the scenery where I live is absolutely amazing, though in summer (coming very shortly) it all turns rather dead but still; I'll get some footage of my favourite road which is full of medium corners so it flows really well along with more wider roads, it was never really a problem of mine when I used to flog through the hills in my ute (pickup) because I wasn't fearful of the white lines of death, suddenly roads just don't feel so open anymore...! Corkscrew is a pain in the ass going down definitely, going up you feel a lot more confident. I'll definitely keep it in mind for the next time I attach the helmet cam too, generally I just use suction on tank mounting so I get the engine's purr in there, I got a full system TBR exhaust coming this week so it probably wont matter from then on hahah.

kevin8198

Elite Member

poWKaw

Hahaha, nice. Well that song may just be right up your alley. I have been testing the link I put on there and it works but for some reason only load like half of the mix. Hopefully it works better for you but Dropbox or maybe even Quicktime plug-in may have a limit to how much it will stream or some BS. If you have a better idea of how to send you all raging 147MB of the file to have let me know. Have a good night bro. I'm just getting going at work, it's 9:30am here lol.
give this a go, it's what I use at work. https://www.yousendit.com/
send it to [email protected] otherwise I shall make do with half it or hopefully it will load it all for me, either or! hahah and cheers mate, enjoy your day at work ;P how lucky you are! haha

poWKaw

dude, your mate is insaaaaaaaane! also the dirty part of through the mix was hilarious! hahaha cheers for that

bear 86

Maaaate!! From those vids I am pretty confident you are from Adelaide... Our hills are a riders paradise for sure. If you haven't tried so already, I recommend Paris Creek Rd and the road that goes through Bull Creek. Both lead into Strath. Keen as to hear that TBR in person if you want to go for a ride some day.

poWKaw

Maaaate!! From those vids I am pretty confident you are from Adelaide... Our hills are a riders paradise for sure. If you haven't tried so already, I recommend Paris Creek Rd and the road that goes through Bull Creek. Both lead into Strath. Keen as to hear that TBR in person if you want to go for a ride some day.
hahahah oh you got a keen eye mate ;) and yeah I've been through paris creek along the way all the way down to pt elliot to the bakery there it was wicked. I plan to put it on this weekend i'm booked for advanced course on friday. I wasn't too keen on having a TBR on with some l-plate flapping in the wind, I can only imagine I'd get pulled over in a second.

Def keen for a ride though, we'll tee it up soon? unless I fail (I really doubt it) I'll install the TBR this weekend. have you done chain of ponds yet?

bear 86

Chain of Ponds riding is awesome and u r right, def feels safer going up hill! Only ridden there a couple of times tho..

Good luck with the advanced man, I passed mine last month. Keep in mind the test exercises you will need to do one after the other. For me the order was: S bend, 2 U-turns, slow weaving, slow straight line between 2 lines, braking test. Bet u can't wait to rip that L off ur fender! Lol

Yeah hit me up for a ride when u got it all done for sure.

poWKaw

hahah good to hear you got experience in the hills man, most people don't know the roads they live 10 minutes away from. :p

did you do it on your bike? i'm a little bit concerned about it's turning circle for the u-turns i was considering doing it on their bikes, full lock (which is a bitch) is still 2 carparks wide. the rest i'm quite happy doing i've got plenty of practice with slow control due to lane splitting lol just fail at u-turns so i've been practicing them heavy over the last few days

def. will mate, keen as!

kevin8198

Elite Member

poWKaw

hahahah definitely kev, keen as for more! definitely tell your mate he did an amazing job! the more music the better! I love all electric music to be honest. it's hard not to!

kevin8198

Elite Member

poWKaw

hahaha yeah I know what you mean mate, although I got one mate who's a full metalhead, never have I seen someone get so angry. truly I bet he loves it, and is just trying to keep true to his metal... hahaha

kevin8198

Elite Member
Reactions: JSP

poWKaw

hahah yeah I know exactly what you mean man! I way rather happy pumped than angry, after all who the hell doesn't like being happy?!

and all good mate, in the name of wicked beats it's an honour. :p