Atgatt?

vkamnev

So tell me how you wear all your gear all the time when thermometer hits 40C (104 F)...

And don't lie you don't ride these days....

Yesterday was like that in Toronto, good thing I live in Calgary and we don't have that all the summer and I can ride through 6 months more or less comfortably with ocassional trips on winter.

JSP

Super Moderator
Not a lie. If its too hot to wear gear I am not riding. Accidents do not stop because it is hot out.

danieljardim

So tell me how you wear all your gear all the time when thermometer hits 40C (104 F)...

Yesterday was like that in Toronto, good thing I live in Calgary and we don't have that all the summer and I can ride through 6 months more or less comfortably with ocassional trips on winter.
I was just telling my co-worker, since my ankle is hurt I didn't ride in this heat wave but if i need to I was thinking about drench a t-shirt with water and wear it underneath the jacket.

Does anybody tried that?

JSP

Super Moderator
I was just telling my co-worker, since my ankle is hurt I didn't ride in this heat wave but if i need to I was thinking about drench a t-shirt with water and wear it underneath the jacket.

Does anybody tried that?
I think Don or someone had a good idea of using one of those water packs that you carry like a back pack (cant think of the damn name) and partially freeze it. Still get some water for hydration and the pack can keep you cool as well.

Bradlockard

its not hot when your going down the road, enjoy it! just think of the cold miserable winter months to come. blahhhhhhh

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I think Don or someone had a good idea of using one of those water packs that you carry like a back pack (cant think of the damn name) and partially freeze it. Still get some water for hydration and the pack can keep you cool as well.
That's what I have done. Partially freeze my camelbak so that it keeps me cool and also provides water on longer trips.

vkamnev

its not hot when your going down the road, enjoy it! just think of the cold miserable winter months to come. blahhhhhhh
Yep. In downtown I can feel it even better

JSP

Super Moderator
Mesh/textile gear helps a lot too.

Invader Jim

I don't ride when it is over 95F. My summer gear (textile mesh) is better ventilated but provides less protection than spring/fall/winter (textile) gear. Riding is riskier than driving a car. If you were really worried about maximizing your safety you wouldn't ride. Also, from what I have read, good leather is better than textile. I don't spend the money on racing leathers. Other than my boots, and one of the three pairs of motorcycle gloves I have, nothing I wear is leather. That is my choice. Also, how you ride (do you speed, tailgate, push into turns as fast as you can handle, get training on how to ride, read books about safety, practice quick stops and evasive maneuvers....) is as important or maybe more important than what you wear. Manage your risk (gear, riding style, & training). Accept the risk and live or die with it.

A camelbak

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member