apex clipons installed

They are "apex" brand. 41mm fits our bike. 3"risers. You can find them on their website or eBay.

Sweet thanks for the info. Looks like it will be
MOre fun ! Might just do it.

I have went to three stores in the area, none had them. I tried Google and got nothing useful. That is why I posted. I will look some more, thanks.

Thanks for the links. Apparently my googlefu is working today, just found them.

Last edited:
Yes! finally got the spare funds to pull the trigger on these today. Cant wait to get them in! Now my dilemma is how to install these, above or below the triple (cut the plastic).

They do look cleaner under the triple for sure. Would sit pretty low even with the risers all the way up though. Depends on what you want I guess.

Look great, but I would try to get them as low as possible, because you'll be able to turn faster.

Still waiting on mine. Got the front lowered already about 3/4". Looks much better. Still debating RToyz link fo rthe rear. I am 5'11" so I can reach the ground fine already. I am loving the bike but hate the dirtbike handlebars with the afterthought risers from hell on them.

They do look cleaner under the triple for sure. Would sit pretty low even with the risers all the way up though. Depends on what you want I guess.

I just put these on and i wanted to do under the triple but it honestly looks like alot more work for just a "cleaner" install.

Even above the triple, the stance is lower than stock and i feel like im driving my buddies R6. Just have to invest in some new rear sets now.

Just had clip-ons installed by a shop...they are really close to rubbing. They said they couldn't raise them up any more without having issues with the cables.

It feels a lot more like a super sport. I don't know if that is a good thing with this bike though. While I do enjoy the feel, I think I will miss some of the comfort of the old bars. I could sit up and be extremely comfortable cruising down the freeway for two hours without a problem. My back and wrists might be hurting if I try it now...

Just had clip-ons installed by a shop...they are really close to rubbing. They said they couldn't raise them up any more without having issues with the cables.

It feels a lot more like a super sport. I don't know if that is a good thing with this bike though. While I do enjoy the feel, I think I will miss some of the comfort of the old bars. I could sit up and be extremely comfortable cruising down the freeway for two hours without a problem. My back and wrists might be hurting if I try it now...

This was established already from everyone that had clip ons installed.

It changes the ergos so you are leaning forward a bit. In that sense, you give up some comfort for a tighter fit.

After spending some time on the bike now, I think that I should try to resolve the clearance/cables issue. They didn't lower it enough for the clip-ons to be flush (there is about a 3/16" gap). They could have lowered it more and then raised the bars up an equal amount for the same fit :(

I will do some more research about raising them up and without the cables getting weird.

After spending some time on the bike now, I think that I should try to resolve the clearance/cables issue. They didn't lower it enough for the clip-ons to be flush (there is about a 3/16" gap). They could have lowered it more and then raised the bars up an equal amount for the same fit :(

I will do some more research about raising them up and without the cables getting weird.

what problems are you having with the cables if you dont mind me asking. are they binding up?

im gonna see if i can make them work below

I installed mine under the triple.... plastics MUST be cut to get them to fit unfortunately. There is absolutely no other way to make them work under the triple.

They either bind or are too tight to let me go lock to lock.

how about re-routing them on the near side of post (closer to your body) like I did. I did a lot of testing when I was positioning the cables, It took me forever but I got it to work.

Back