apex clipons installed

bobby bo bonsin

whats up, thought i would post some pics of my bike with newly installed apex clipons. really like these, they look good and are very adjustable, almost to many adjustments. i pretty much set them up with the same rake as the stock bars but they sit somewhat lower. feels much more aggressive but is still very comfortable, and my arms arent scrunced up nearly as much when tucking behind windscreen. overall very pleased with them. whatcha think?!

Attachments

Detrich

Sexy! :)

Wish the 6R came with these.

TokenSSDD

Whoa whoa whoa... Clip-ons? With bar end mirrors? I've been sold.

Also... what block off plates did you use?

bobby bo bonsin

tech spec

ha ha! they are actually the key chain tech spec sent me with my tank grip.it was two pieces glued together to make the key chain. when i was looking for something to use as the mirror block off plates i finally happened to glance at my key chain and noticed it looked to be about the size i would need. so i pulled the two pieces of the key chain apart and stuck them over the mirror holes! they are exactly the perfect size! i then cut out some carbon fiber vinyl and applied on top of each one.

kevin8198

Elite Member

TokenSSDD

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Exhaust

Looking good! I did get the Kawi plates to block the holes from the mirrors. It look worst than with nothing at all in my opinion. I end up putting a set of flush mount. Not the greatest but it look alright.
Thanks, now I just need you to hook me up with some exhaust!

fz6r marc

whats up, thought i would post some pics of my bike with newly installed apex clipons. really like these, they look good and are very adjustable, almost to many adjustments. i pretty much set them up with the same rake as the stock bars but they sit somewhat lower. feels much more aggressive but is still very comfortable, and my arms arent scrunced up nearly as much when tucking behind windscreen. overall very pleased with them. whatcha think?!
Tell us more, please. any cutting? When dakinechick did it she had to cut the fairings. Do they touch? Great job. And more pics. :D:D

bobby bo bonsin

No cutting

Tell us more, please. any cutting? When dakinechick did it she had to cut the fairings. Do they touch? Great job. And more pics. :D:D
No there was no cutting involved. dakinechick Installed hers under the top triple I believe and that's why she had to cut some inner plastic. Mine are on top and if you don't have them them up enough they will rub on the inner plastics. Mine are very close when I turn lock to lock towards the tank. You just have to fiddle with position until you gain proper clearance everywhere. I will say that the riser part has to be up some in order to keep the grips from hitting tank at full lock and to allow throttle cables to sit naturally without binding.

kvc25

No there was no cutting involved. dakinechick Installed hers under the top triple I believe and that's why she had to cut some inner plastic. Mine are on top and if you don't have them them up enough they will rub on the inner plastics. Mine are very close when I turn lock to lock towards the tank. You just have to fiddle with position until you gain proper clearance everywhere. I will say that the riser part has to be up some in order to keep the grips from hitting tank at full lock and to allow throttle cables to sit naturally without binding.
Did you get the 3" or 4" risers?

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

bobby bo bonsin

good

Looks great... How does it ride/ handle?
thanks it handles great. my bike is lowered with the roaring toyz lowering link and the front forks are raised in the triples 1.75 inches. it actually seems to ride stiffer than stock but i also have the rear preload 1 click below max setting and im not that big of a guy so it rides pretty stiff but i like it that way. i have also felt no jittering or unstable feelings due to raising forks in the triple. but yeah the clipons feel great, feels more aggressive.