Apex Clip-ons Review

mike1000

Hey did you get these mounted? Under the triple or over? Good Clearance? Standard or raised ones? 41mm insert? Give us the details and pics if you can please!

Detrich

thanks bj & guidobergamo for sharing the info & pix and everyone for their comments...

do these replacement handlebars -really- lower the bars that significantly tho? from the pix, they look very nice. but, the bar height still looks fairly high to me...

on most SS's i've noticed that the handlebar grip height is just a little bit higher level than the height at where the tank meets the seat. if i were to get these it would be to lower them as close as possible to a SS riding position- without compromising operational safety. is this doable?

PS. did a quick side-by-side makeshift photo to compare bar heights. and, i guess it is significantly lower! :)

PSS. am curious, being that all this is completely new to me, how difficult is it to remove all the other hardware (stock bar, stock risers) and also the bar ends, throttle, grips, levers etc. and then install it on these new bars?

Last edited:

Electrix

Hey guys, iv ordered woodcraft 1.5" riser clip ons for my fz6r i will make a thread when they get here with a how to and pics

bjs045

thanks bj & guidobergamo for sharing the info & pix and everyone for their comments...

do these replacement handlebars -really- lower the bars that significantly tho? from the pix, they look very nice. but, the bar height still looks fairly high to me...

on most SS's i've noticed that the handlebar grip height is just a little bit higher level than the height at where the tank meets the seat. if i were to get these it would be to lower them as close as possible to a SS riding position- without compromising operational safety. is this doable?

PS. did a quick side-by-side makeshift photo to compare bar heights. and, i guess it is significantly lower! :)

PSS. am curious, being that all this is completely new to me, how difficult is it to remove all the other hardware (stock bar, stock risers) and also the bar ends, throttle, grips, levers etc. and then install it on these new bars?
I understand your concerns and I believe most of the people here, also feel the same way.

guidobergamo's set up
- lowered his bike several inches to mount it on top. (Which will change performance)
- the bars do not provide that much improvement, other than looks. Although you can probably angle the bars in bit more.

This is why we're wondering if you can mount them under the triple tree and still clear the fairings. I would order them and try it out, but with all my bike's trouble I'm not spending a single dime on it.

(upadate: bikes back in the shop as of 11/11/10, bike lost power again, almost died at idle, sounded like it was down a cylinder.)

Detrich

ack, that sucks... :( how many miles u have on it now, and when did the problems start showing up?

hope u get it taken care of. and, let me know when u going to a SCAR meet up and i'll try to meet up with u there- if it's not too far. :) the newbie in me is still weary of riding really long distances... lol

(upadate: bikes back in the shop as of 11/11/10, bike lost power again, almost died at idle, sounded like it was down a cylinder.)

joloy133

Do you notice a difference in turning , .....is the bike stable at higher speeds?
Just for follow up; Guido messaged back that the bike is still rock steady at higher speeds. I believe that putting clip ons above the triple won't hurt stability and might improve turn-in for cornering. Still waiting on "Electrix" review on the woodcraft install.

DakinechicK

Sorry I haven't updated yet... the apex clip ons are back ordered until the beginning of Dec, so I won't have anything done until then. My guys say that they will be putting them under the triple.

Electrix

My woodcraft clip-ons are still on the way, i just hope they haven't lost the package (USPS) :mad:

Also ordered some foot pegs because my left one broke off WTF iv only had the bike for 4 weeks 500km and its already got a broken foot peg lol. It sucks theres no parts in australia

Electrix

Good news
I got my clip-ons today, but i won't be able to install them on the bike for 2 weeks because i'm going on a holiday. They look good and i will be mounting them on top of the triple mount, They are about 1.5 inches forward and 1.5 inches lower then the stock bars. I'm just worried about lowering the front so i brought a roaring toyz lowering link just incase but i don't think i will need it.

Detrich

cool let us know how it goes? :)

guidobergamo's bike looks awesome!

Last edited:

6R Blackout

Clip ons

I can't wait to see the results. If you guys like yours and they ride good I will do it to mine. Please post some pics, and pros and cons of this new mod. Thanks:eyebrow:

NoDoze

Would love to see results with the Woodcraft Clip Ons.

I'd also would love to know how thick the base clips are so we would know how much to lower the front by.

I am inseam-challenged so I got myself the Roaring Toyz Lowering Link (and kickstand) - will most likely get them installed in a couple of weeks but would love to know if the forks being lowered by .75"-1" can accommodate the Woodcraft Clip Ons above the triple (OR if it can be accommodated under the triple without rubbing the fairing and hitting the tank). If so, I'll probably go ahead and order them and install all at the same time.

Thanks so much for the info guys and gals!

Last edited:

cavcuz05

Good news
I got my clip-ons today, but i won't be able to install them on the bike for 2 weeks because i'm going on a holiday. They look good and i will be mounting them on top of the triple mount, They are about 1.5 inches forward and 1.5 inches lower then the stock bars. I'm just worried about lowering the front so i brought a roaring toyz lowering link just incase but i don't think i will need it.
cant wait to see them...with my work sched i havent had the time to install mine yet

cavcuz05

any updates on this yet as far as under the triple tree?...mine should be here sometime this week

cavcuz05

people need to update with pics and reviews on these clip-ons if they have em!
i agree...i ordered mine but they were on back order...so i should have they by friday if not next week