Apex bars

6R Blackout

I haven't seen or heard from any of the guys on here that were supposed to change there handle bars to the Apex adjustable clip-ons. If anyone has done it I sure would like to get some feedback. I am thinking of doing it myself but I want to see of some of you all had done it yet. My reason for asking is I was browsing through the forum and came across this thread about the clip ons and I haven't seen anything yet. Hope to get some feed back and maybe some pics on how it came out. Well I guess no one has gotten there apex bar mods done I am still hopefull that when someone does that they will be exstatic and post the pics and rave about how great they are. I am just waiting for someone to write about it and then I will follow. I know more than one person has posted that they ordered them, I guess its just a matter of time. Thanks:don'tknow:

Last edited:

Electrix

Hey, sorry but i did say i was going to make a thread about the 1.5 inch riser bars from woodcraft. i just reached 1000km on my bike and i'm going to get it serviced first, I have booked it in on the 2nd of jan. So within the next 2 weeks i should have all the info you need about the woodcraft ones but not on the apex bars.

Heres a link on what i have.

www.woodcraft-cfm.com - 15InchRiserClipon363741485053mm

DakinechicK

I will be doing this mod under the triple. Unfortunately apex has been on backorder for the ones I need until mid January. As soon as they come in and put on, I will post pictures. Sucks I have to wait so long. They were supposed to be here back in Oct.

6R Blackout

Hey, sorry but i did say i was going to make a thread about the 1.5 inch riser bars from woodcraft. i just reached 1000km on my bike and i'm going to get it serviced first, I have booked it in on the 2nd of jan. So within the next 2 weeks i should have all the info you need about the woodcraft ones but not on the apex bars.

Heres a link on what i have.

www.woodcraft-cfm.com - 15InchRiserClipon363741485053mm
I reallly want to see how this works and how it comes out. Keep me posted. Thanks:)

6R Blackout

I will be doing this mod under the triple. Unfortunately apex has been on backorder for the ones I need until mid January. As soon as they come in and put on, I will post pictures. Sucks I have to wait so long. They were supposed to be here back in Oct.
Hey Dak u gonna put them on yourself? Let me know Sis I can't wait to see how they come out, and let me know how they feel when you ride, ya know (control and in turns etc.) THanks Sis.:Sport:

Last edited:

Roaddawg

Hey Dak u gonna put them on yourself? Let me know Bro. I can't wait to see how they come out, and let me know how they feel when you ride, ya know (control and in turns etc.) THanks Bro.:Sport:
You might want to edit your post to say "Sis" instead of "Bro" since DakineChick is a lady and all....:thumbup: :)

6R Blackout

You might want to edit your post to say "Sis" instead of "Bro" since DakineChick is a lady and all....:thumbup: :)
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Roaddawg, Sorry I really wasn't paying attention. Hope she is not upset about it. :(

guidobergamo

My Apex:

Dude, the installation is VERY difficult to be made up by someone skilled! In our bike is impossible to make most adjustments possible, but the driving position remains comfortable. If you do not care for it and enjoy a more sporty is perhaps more interesting to buy the Woodcraft. I owe a video of my bike for the guys.

:Sport:

6R Blackout

My Apex:

Dude, the installation is VERY difficult to be made up by someone skilled! In our bike is impossible to make most adjustments possible, but the driving position remains comfortable. If you do not care for it and enjoy a more sporty is perhaps more interesting to buy the Woodcraft. I owe a video of my bike for the guys.

:Sport:
Hey man thanks for the post, I saw your original post and that is why I asked if anyone in the US has done it. I wanted to know if they could be mounted underneath instead of on top. If they can go underneath I will probably do it to my bike. Oh by the way, NICE BIKE MAN!!!!! Looks very cool. Smoking man :smoking:

DakinechicK

Thanks for bringing that to my attention Roaddawg, Sorry I really wasn't paying attention. Hope she is not upset about it. :(
Ha, I just saw this post. :p But it's no big deal.

Hunter I will not be putting them on myself, I have some guy buddies who will. (Thank God). Will take pictures while being installed. I will let you know how it handles since it will be quite a bit different. Will be more of a sport bike stance which I want.

6R Blackout

Ha, I just saw this post. :p But it's no big deal.

Hunter I will not be putting them on myself, I have some guy buddies who will. (Thank God). Will take pictures while being installed. I will let you know how it handles since it will be quite a bit different. Will be more of a sport bike stance which I want.
Hey Dak thanks for not being upset. Like I said Sorry. I am looking forward to reading your post when u get the bars installed. Hope to see some pics of how the look when you are done.:surrender:

b_who

Soooo did she ever post anything because I haven't found anything

I'm getting anxious I wanna know if it fits under the triple haha

6R Blackout

Soooo did she ever post anything because I haven't found anything

I'm getting anxious I wanna know if it fits under the triple haha
You not the only one, I can't wait either. If it fits it ships Ha Ha Ha. Seriously if it does work I am gonna do it also. I hope she post something, I think I will PM her just to see what the status is.:rant:

b_who

You not the only one, I can't wait either. If it fits it ships Ha Ha Ha. Seriously if it does work I am gonna do it also. I hope she post something, I think I will PM her just to see what the status is.:rant:
so assuming u did PM her did she write back?

6R Blackout

so assuming u did PM her did she write back?
I did PM her and nothing yet, I am hopefull she will post up when she gets them all complete.:cool:

NoDoze

How thick are the base clamps? Or how much does the fork have to be lowered by to accommodate these clip ons on top of the triple?

I measured the distance between _under_ the triple to the bottom of the stock handle bar and it was exactly 3". So for those wanting to install under the triple and do not want to lower the stock grip height (to clear the fairing) would be inclined to purchase the Woodcraft 3" Riser Clip Ons - this is assuming the Woodcraft stalk measures 3" from the top of the base clamp to the bottom of the actual handle.

The Apex Riser Clip Ons, on the other hand has an overall 6" potential rise for adjustment which would be ideal so it can be lowered or raised based on clearance and preference. Again this is assuming that 6" is the distance between the top of the base clamp and bottom of the handle.

I suppose the Woodcraft can be slid up and down the suspension under the triple as well but does not offer the same range of adjustment as the Apex riser wise - they are both the same price too! :)

I'm going to contact both manufacturers to ask them the height of the base clamp today and we'll see what they say.

Update:
Both companies wrote back and this is what each of them said.

Woodcraft - 38mm or 1.5"

Apex - 32mm or 1.25"

This means, the front forks would have to be dropped the amount shown above if you install the clamps above the triple.

Last edited:

DakinechicK

So sorry guys! Seems like a lot of you are wanting to see the deal with these bars as am I.

Unfortunately, they keep getting pushed back. They were on backorder in November when I ordered them and every month they call and say they will be on backorder another 4 weeks. This has happened repeatedly, obviously. They now say they will be here the middle of March. We'll see. That's the update as of yesterday when I talked to them. If they get pushed back one more time, though, I think I may just say forget it.

I kind of want a Ducati anyway.

Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

iSpoolin

These will definitely be my next mod! Just gotta buy my boots first :p lol

Spunky99